|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Bobby play in the Vietnam war?
2. How does Clare know Miss Cherry?
3. What does the proverb in "Chapter 10" say about black people's deaths?
4. What does Clare study while in London?
5. When Harry/Harriet visits Clare in the hospital in "Chapter 8," what big news does she share?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Chapter 5," what makes Clare decide to visit Jamaica?
2. What happens to Christopher after murdering Paul and his family?
3. How would you describe the beginning of Clare and Bobby's relationship?
4. How is the woman in "Chapter 7" described?
5. When the author describes Bobby's past, what does she talk about?
6. What does Clare do when she arrives at Miss Mattie's land, in "Chapter 8"?
7. In "Chapter 6," what does Harry/Harriet write to Clare?
8. Why does Clare search Paris, in "Chapter 8"?
9. What happens when the helicopter flies overhead during the film shoot?
10. What happens when Clare discovers she is pregnant, in "Chapter 6"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of "Gone with the Wind" in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of religion, in "No Telephone to Heaven." How are the different religions presented? How do they relate?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of the Jamaican landscape in this novel. Consider the ruinate, dungle, cities, and Miss Mattie's land.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)