|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the interviewer talk to Clare?
2. Why does the narrator say that Clare puts stress on places?
3. What does Clare study while in London?
4. What role did Bobby play in the Vietnam war?
5. What does Miss Cherry say about Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Christopher after murdering Paul and his family?
2. Why is Clare admired at her school in London?
3. What does Harry/Harriet tell Clare about sugarcane?
4. Why does Harry/Harriet believe that Clare should stay in Jamaica?
5. What does Clare do when she arrives at the movie set, in "Chapter 11"?
6. What happens when the helicopter flies overhead during the film shoot?
7. Why does Clare search Paris, in "Chapter 8"?
8. In "Chapter 6," what does Harry/Harriet write to Clare?
9. Why is Clare interviewed, in "Chapter 10"?
10. What do Clare and Harry/Harriet do during her visit to Jamaica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Christopher in this novel? What does he symbolize? How does he influence the development of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is violence shown as a solution, in "No Telephone to Heaven"? In what ways is violence denounced? Overall, what is the author's commentary on violence?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the role of the geographic movement in this novel. Consider the places Clare goes and how her physical movement relates to emotional movement.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)