|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clare do, at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) Shakes the interviewers hand.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Wakes up.
(d) Leaves with Harry/Harriet.
2. What insect does Clare spot in her hospital room?
(a) A striped bee.
(b) A blue butterfly.
(c) A black moth.
(d) A large horsefly.
3. In "Chapter 8," what does Clare tell Harry/Harriet about her mother?
(a) How in touch with the land she was.
(b) How she cooked dinner every night.
(c) How she taught herself to read and write.
(d) How selfish she could be.
4. What does Miss Cherry say about Jamaica?
(a) That it has the best food in the world.
(b) That it has too many white people.
(c) That it is richer than ever.
(d) That it is troubled.
5. Why do the people at Clare's university believe she is lucky?
(a) For avoiding brain damage.
(b) For not knowing her mother.
(c) For being Jamaican.
(d) For getting to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 7," what does the woman do to the graves of the restless?
2. In "Chapter 6," how does Bobby react when Clare says she is going to get food in the middle of the night?
3. Why does Christopher cry at the end of "Chapter 9"?
4. Why does the interviewer talk to Clare?
5. How does Clare return to Jamaica, in "Chapter 8"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry/Harriet decide it is time to change, in "Chapter 10"?
2. Why does Clare travel throughout Europe with Bobby?
3. In "Chapter 5," what makes Clare decide to visit Jamaica?
4. When the author describes Bobby's past, what does she talk about?
5. Why does Clare say the burial grounds on Miss Mattie's land is "unquiet"?
6. How is the woman in "Chapter 7" described?
7. Why is Clare admired at her school in London?
8. What does Clare do with her friend Liz, in "Chapter 5"?
9. What does Clare do when she arrives at the movie set, in "Chapter 11"?
10. What happens to Christopher after murdering Paul and his family?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)