|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the quote in "Chapter 5" originally come from?
(a) A poem.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A Bible passage.
(d) A song.
2. What does Bobby do when Clare asks him about the Vietnam war?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He asks her to stop.
(c) He says he'll talk to her, but he may lie.
(d) He tells her everything.
3. What role did Bobby play in the Vietnam war?
(a) He was a deserter.
(b) He was a general.
(c) He was a journalist in Vietnam.
(d) He organized anti-war rallys.
4. What does Clare describe as being the "unquiet ground," in "Chapter 8"?
(a) The overgrown parts of Miss Mattie's property.
(b) The Jamaican ports run by the United States.
(d) The land where the slaves are buried.
5. In "Chapter 10," what does Clare tell the interviewer she has been doing since returning to Jamaica?
(b) Building homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 7," how is the woman described?
2. What question does the author ask, at the end of "Chapter 7"?
3. When Harry/Harriet visits Clare in the hospital in "Chapter 8," what big news does she share?
4. In "Chapter 9," what does the god described in the hymn do?
5. In "Chapter 7," what does the woman do to the graves of the restless?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clare do when she arrives at Miss Mattie's land, in "Chapter 8"?
2. Why does Harry/Harriet decide it is time to change, in "Chapter 10"?
3. Why does Clare search Paris, in "Chapter 8"?
4. What does Clare do when she arrives at the movie set, in "Chapter 11"?
5. What does Clare realize about Liz after they visit, in "Chapter 5"?
6. What do Clare and Harry/Harriet do during her visit to Jamaica?
7. Why does Harry/Harriet believe that Clare should stay in Jamaica?
8. What happens when Clare discovers she is pregnant, in "Chapter 6"?
9. Why is Clare interviewed, in "Chapter 10"?
10. How is the woman in "Chapter 7" described?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)