|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 6," how does Bobby react when Clare says she is going to get food in the middle of the night?
(a) He thinks she will leave him for good.
(b) He thinks she is halucinating.
(c) He asks to come with her.
(d) He is worried that she will get lost.
2. What does Bobby reveal about his wound after Clare becomes pregnant?
(a) That he is infected with a nerve toxin.
(b) That it hurts less now.
(c) That he's had it since before the war.
(d) That he did it to himself.
3. In "Chapter 8," what does Clare tell Harry/Harriet about her mother?
(a) How in touch with the land she was.
(b) How she taught herself to read and write.
(c) How she cooked dinner every night.
(d) How selfish she could be.
4. What does Clare do, at the end of "Chapter 10"?
(a) Leaves with Harry/Harriet.
(b) Wakes up.
(c) Shakes the interviewers hand.
(d) Begins to cry.
5. Why do the Jamaican orphans have light skin?
(a) They are interracial.
(b) They are malnourished.
(c) They don't have light skin.
(d) Their parents abandoned them for the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 7," what is the woman said to have in her bag?
2. In "Chapter 7," how is the woman described?
3. Why does the narrator say that Clare puts stress on places?
4. How does Clare know Liz?
5. In "Chapter 10," what does Clare describe to Harry/Harriet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author worried about, in "Chapter 7"?
2. What happens to Christopher after murdering Paul and his family?
3. In "Chapter 8," what does the doctor tell Clare?
4. Why are there Americans in Jamaica, in "Chapter 11"?
5. Why does Clare travel throughout Europe with Bobby?
6. What happens to Clare during her ship ride to Jamaica, in "Chapter 8"?
7. How would you describe the beginning of Clare and Bobby's relationship?
8. What does Clare do when she arrives at Miss Mattie's land, in "Chapter 8"?
9. What do Clare and Harry/Harriet do during her visit to Jamaica?
10. Why does Clare say the burial grounds on Miss Mattie's land is "unquiet"?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)