|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does the unnamed man with the truck pay to go to London?
(a) With an inheritance.
(b) With money from stolen goods.
(c) With drug money.
(d) With the help of a rich man.
2. Who first meets up with Kitty and Boy when they go to New York City?
(a) Kitty's parents.
(b) Boy's cousins.
(c) Boy's parents.
(d) Kitty's cousins.
3. In "Chapter 1," who is considered to be the force behind civilization?
(a) The Jamaicans.
(b) The women.
(c) The children.
(d) The English.
4. Why does Kitty visit the cemetery?
(a) It makes her feel less homesick.
(b) It reminds her of her mother.
(c) It helps her to pray.
(d) It gives her a place to hide.
5. Who used to own the land the men and women in the truck reclaimed?
(a) Miss Mattie.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Rupert Goldstein.
(d) Mr. Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," what ethnicity is Boy's girlfriend?
2. Where does the truck head, in "Chapter 1"?
3. Why does Boy cut ties with Kitty's family in New York City?
4. In "Chapter 1," what origin is given for the word "ruinate"?
5. What does Harriet do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the truck in "Chapter 2" connected to religion?
2. What does Kitty do with the notes, in "Chapter 3"?
3. What does the truck do, in "Chapter 1"?
4. What happens when Paul comes home, in "Chapter 2"?
5. What happens when the Hispanic woman comes into the laundry, in "Chapter 3"?
6. How does Clare feel about her relationship with Kitty after Kitty returns to Jamaica?
7. What happens after Kitty changes the notes, in "Chapter 3"?
8. How does Clare say she learned about her blackness?
9. What does Christopher do, at the end of "Chapter 2"?
10. How does Clare's life change after Kitty's death?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)