|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul feel about involving the police in his family's murder?
(a) He thinks they will solve the crime.
(b) There aren't police at this time.
(c) He thinks they will be useless.
(d) He thinks they will blame him.
2. What does Harriet do for a living?
(c) Drag artist.
3. In "Chapter 1," what origin is given for the word "ruinate"?
4. Why did Paul consider Clare to be cold when he was still alive?
(a) Because she left him after they made love.
(b) Because she ignored his gifts.
(c) Because she didn't take him to the doctor.
(d) Because she used his friends for their money.
5. How does Clare's father feel about telling her she is black?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Boy Savage feel about going to the United States?
2. What does Miss Mattie's granddaughter do to help others, in "Chapter 1."
3. What does Jennie make Clare question in "Chapter 4"?
4. What does Christopher do after killing Paul's family?
5. In the beginning of "Chapter 4," where is the truck headed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the truck do, in "Chapter 1"?
2. What does Kitty do with the notes, in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why is Kitty homesick in New York City?
4. What is revealed about Paul and Christopher when they talk to each other, in "Chapter 2"?
5. How does Clare feel about her relationship with Kitty after Kitty returns to Jamaica?
6. How is the truck in "Chapter 2" connected to religion?
7. What do the soldiers want to do to Miss Mattie's land?
8. What happens when the Hispanic woman comes into the laundry, in "Chapter 3"?
9. What was Christopher's childhood like?
10. How is Clare introduced in "Chapter 4"?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)