|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul comes home in "Chapter 2," what does he see?
(a) Someone puking in his pool.
(b) A fire in his backyard.
(c) His parents waiting up for him.
(d) A mysterious car.
2. What does Christopher say his grandmother used to call "the sleep of the righteous"?
(a) Sleeping in beds.
(c) A deep sleep.
(d) A room protected by guards.
3. How old is Christopher when his grandmother dies?
4. In "Chapter 1," how are the races of the people in the back of the truck described?
(a) Asians and whites.
(b) Light-skinned blacks.
(c) Mixed races.
(d) Dark-skinned blacks.
5. Why does Boy criticize Kitty's cooking, in "Chapter 3"?
(a) He thinks it's too American.
(b) He thinks it is boring.
(c) He thinks there isn't enough meat.
(d) He thinks it is too ethnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 4," what makes Clare nearly lose her balance?
2. Why does Kitty visit several grocery stores, in "Chapter 3"?
3. What do the people in the back of the truck think of themselves, in "Chapter 1"?
4. In "Chapter 1," what do the people carry with them in the truck?
5. Who first meets up with Kitty and Boy when they go to New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does Boy think will ruin his family's chance to pass as white?
2. How does Clare feel about her relationship with Kitty after Kitty returns to Jamaica?
3. What do the soldiers want to do to Miss Mattie's land?
4. What does the truck do, in "Chapter 1"?
5. In "Chapter 1," how are the soldiers' lifestyles described?
6. How do the soldiers in "Chapter 1" feel about ruinate?
7. How does Jennie adjust to life in the United States, in "Chapter 4"?
8. What does Kitty do with the notes, in "Chapter 3"?
9. What probably leads Christopher to kill Paul's family?
10. What is revealed about Paul and Christopher when they talk to each other, in "Chapter 2"?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)