|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 9," what is said happened to Christopher after the murders he committed?
(a) He was never caught.
(b) He was arrested but found innocent at trial.
(c) He started a small militia.
(d) He joined a church group.
2. What role did Bobby play in the Vietnam war?
(a) He was a journalist in Vietnam.
(b) He was a deserter.
(c) He was a general.
(d) He organized anti-war rallys.
3. In "Chapter 7," what does the woman do to the graves of the restless?
(a) She lights fires near their graves.
(b) She paints their headstones.
(c) She plants on their graves.
(d) She dances on their graves.
4. In "Chapter 9," where does it say Christopher grew old?
(a) In church.
(b) On a houseboat.
(c) In Florida.
(d) On the streets.
5. Why do the people at Clare's university believe she is lucky?
(a) For getting to travel.
(b) For being Jamaican.
(c) For not knowing her mother.
(d) For avoiding brain damage.
6. When Harry/Harriet visits Clare in the hospital in "Chapter 8," what big news does she share?
(a) That she has started a revolution.
(b) That her parents have been giving her money.
(c) That she is living as a woman full-time.
(d) That she is going to a French university.
7. In "Chapter 9," what does the god described in the hymn do?
(a) Flood a town.
(b) Steal soldiers.
(c) Kill a family.
(d) Burn a village.
8. What does Clare say her solitude in London led to?
(a) Feeling oppressed.
(b) The desire to travel.
(c) Learning about herself.
(d) Forgiving her mother.
9. Where does Christopher get the nickname "the watchman"?
(a) From a newspaper article.
(b) He gives it to himself.
(c) From a song.
(d) From a child.
10. In "Chapter 10," what does Clare tell the interviewer she has been doing since returning to Jamaica?
(c) Building homes.
11. How does Clare end up with the deed to Miss Mattie's land?
(a) She found it in her mother's old house.
(b) Harry/Harriet forged one for her.
(c) Her aunt and uncle left it to her after they moved.
(d) She went to the government.
12. How is Clare's London apartment described?
(b) Full of light.
13. Why does Clare return home early during her visit with Liz, in "Chapter 5"?
(a) She feels out of place.
(b) Liz ends their meeting early.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is starting to get sick.
14. Why does the interviewer talk about Anansi?
(a) Because it is a folklore character.
(b) Because he is Jamaica's leader.
(c) Clare doesn't know why.
(d) Because she is Clare's friend.
15. Why does Harry/Harriet believe Clare should stay in Jamaica?
(a) Because she is technically a native.
(b) Because he wants a friend.
(c) Because she feels sad in other countries.
(d) Because she is intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ended up taking in Harry/Harriet after his rape?
2. What does Clare do after meeting Bobby?
3. Where does Clare remember meeting Bobby?
4. In "Chapter 7," how is the woman described?
5. What does the woman in "Chapter 7" call the items in her pocket?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)