|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clare go to the film shooting location?
(a) To shoot the people making the movie.
(b) To try to get in the movie.
(c) To watch the movie being filmed.
(d) To deliver supplies to the crew.
2. What does Clare do after meeting Bobby?
(a) Travels with him.
(b) Takes his picture.
(c) Decides to move to Jamaica.
(d) Begins to write.
3. In "Chapter 10," what does Clare imagine women doing for their children?
(a) Feeding them the best food.
(b) Saving them from danger.
(c) Superhuman feats.
(d) Living quiet lives.
4. What does Clare do with her mother's old school books when she finds them, in "Chapter 11"?
(a) Kills a bug.
(b) Brings them to her school.
(c) Reads them.
(d) Throws them away.
5. Why does the interviewer talk to Clare?
(a) To learn about the United States.
(b) To see if she will fit with his group.
(c) To write an article about her.
(d) To practice speaking English.
6. In "Chapter 6," what happens when Clare miscarries in the bed?
(a) She cries to herself.
(b) Blood gets on Bobby.
(c) Bobby runs away.
(d) She sleeps through it.
7. Why does the film crew come to Jamaica?
(a) They are lost.
(b) They heard it was a good place to shoot a movie.
(c) They are making a documentary about revolution.
(d) They are looking for black actors.
8. In "Chapter 10," what does Clare describe to Harry/Harriet?
(a) Her childhood in New York.
(b) The university in London.
(c) Her plans for Jamaica.
(d) The people she remembers.
9. Where does the quote in "Chapter 5" originally come from?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A Bible passage.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
10. What insect does Clare spot in her hospital room?
(a) A large horsefly.
(b) A black moth.
(c) A striped bee.
(d) A blue butterfly.
11. In "Chapter 7," how is the woman described?
12. In "Chapter 7," what is said to have happened to the woman's children?
(a) They left her.
(b) They stole her jewelry.
(c) They killed her.
(d) They were never born.
13. What nickname is given to Vietnam soldiers, in "Chapter 6"?
(a) Killing machines.
(b) Organ harvesters.
(c) Masters and fools.
(d) Troubled souls.
14. What question does the author ask, at the end of "Chapter 7"?
(a) Do you remember what she said?
(b) Can you remember how to love her?
(c) How do we continue without her?
(d) Is it possible to have a future?
15. While in London, how did Clare spend her days?
(a) Drinking at the local pub.
(b) Writing essays for school.
(c) Watching movies.
(d) Visiting museums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Bobby?
2. How does Clare return to Jamaica, in "Chapter 8"?
3. What does Bobby reveal about his wound after Clare becomes pregnant?
4. What does Clare study while in London?
5. How does Bobby feel about Clare returning to be with her family?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)