|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While out with Liz in "Chapter 5," what does Clare see memorials to?
(a) King George.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Virgin Mary.
2. Why does Harry/Harriet believe Clare should stay in Jamaica?
(a) Because she feels sad in other countries.
(b) Because she is technically a native.
(c) Because he wants a friend.
(d) Because she is intelligent.
3. What does Clare do with her mother's old school books when she finds them, in "Chapter 11"?
(a) Kills a bug.
(b) Reads them.
(c) Brings them to her school.
(d) Throws them away.
4. In "Chapter 9," where does it say Christopher grew old?
(a) In church.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In Florida.
(d) On a houseboat.
5. How does Clare return to Jamaica, in "Chapter 8"?
(a) A series of bus rides and boat rides.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a helicopter.
(d) On a plane.
6. In "Chapter 6," what happens when Clare miscarries in the bed?
(a) Bobby runs away.
(b) Blood gets on Bobby.
(c) She cries to herself.
(d) She sleeps through it.
7. What does Harry/Harriet eat in "Chapter 10" that upsets him?
(a) An insect.
(b) A cow.
(c) Bread with drugs inside.
(d) An iguana.
8. Why does the film crew come to Jamaica?
(a) They are making a documentary about revolution.
(b) They heard it was a good place to shoot a movie.
(c) They are lost.
(d) They are looking for black actors.
9. In "Chapter 10," what does Clare tell the interviewer she has been doing since returning to Jamaica?
(c) Building homes.
10. Where does the quote in "Chapter 5" originally come from?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A Bible passage.
(d) A newspaper article.
11. Where does the woman emit flames, in "Chapter 7"?
(a) From her soul.
(b) From her eyes.
(c) From her hands.
(d) From a torch.
12. What role did Bobby play in the Vietnam war?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He organized anti-war rallys.
(c) He was a journalist in Vietnam.
(d) He was a deserter.
13. Who ended up taking in Harry/Harriet after his rape?
(a) His birth father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His birth mother.
14. Why is Harry referred to as Harry/Harriet?
(a) Because he is transgendered.
(b) Because he hates his real name.
(c) Because Harry is short for Harriet.
(d) Because he has two names.
15. When Harry/Harriet visits Clare in the hospital in "Chapter 8," what big news does she share?
(a) That she has started a revolution.
(b) That she is living as a woman full-time.
(c) That her parents have been giving her money.
(d) That she is going to a French university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people at Clare's university believe she is lucky?
2. Why does Clare return home early during her visit with Liz, in "Chapter 5"?
3. In "Chapter 8," what does Clare tell Harry/Harriet about her mother?
4. While in London, how did Clare spend her days?
5. Why does the narrator say that Clare puts stress on places?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)