|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is printed on the notes used at the laundry?
(c) Tips for a good life.
(d) Directions for cleaning clothes.
2. In "Chapter 1," who is considered to be the force behind civilization?
(a) The children.
(b) The Jamaicans.
(c) The English.
(d) The women.
3. What does the Brother at the church give Christopher as a child?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A picture of Christ.
4. How is Miss Mattie's granddaughter's skin described?
5. What does Christopher do after killing Paul's family?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He goes to church.
(c) He sits outside.
(d) He jumps in the pool.
6. Where do Kitty and Boy first land in the United States?
(b) Rhode Island.
(d) New York.
7. Why does Kitty's interview in "Chapter 3" go poorly?
(a) The interviewer finds out she's from Jamaica.
(b) Kitty lies and is caught.
(c) The interview dislikes her accent.
(d) Kitty is too nervous.
8. When Paul comes home in "Chapter 2," what does he see?
(a) A mysterious car.
(b) A fire in his backyard.
(c) His parents waiting up for him.
(d) Someone puking in his pool.
9. Why does Kitty visit the cemetery?
(a) It makes her feel less homesick.
(b) It reminds her of her mother.
(c) It gives her a place to hide.
(d) It helps her to pray.
10. What does Miss Mattie's granddaughter do to help others, in "Chapter 1."
(a) She gives them food.
(b) She builds them homes.
(c) She raises money for them.
(d) She gives them rides in a truck.
11. Where does Clare ride in the truck in "Chapter 4"?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the front passanger seat.
(c) In the driver's seat.
(d) She walks next to the truck.
12. How many daughters do Kitty and Boy have?
13. What frightens Christopher after his grandmother's death?
(a) Being haunted by her.
(b) Being taken to the United States.
(c) Losing his books.
(d) Having his money stolen.
14. In "Chapter 1," what name is given to the land the soldiers travel through?
(a) Cockpit country.
(b) Ruin rumbles.
(c) New Jamaica.
(d) White land.
15. What type of person's life is described, in the opening of "Chapter 2"?
(a) A slave.
(b) A politician.
(c) A woman.
(d) A white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitty begin changing the notes at the laundry?
2. In "Chapter 2," how is Christopher's childhood home described?
3. How does Clare feel about going away to college?
4. In "Chapter 1," why does the narrator say the men and women in the truck claimed a piece of land?
5. Where are the words "no telephone to heaven" painted?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)