|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Charles help Christopher find his grandmother's body?
(a) He thinks it has been too long.
(b) He is afraid of death.
(c) He believes Christopher should do it himself.
(d) He is too busy to help.
2. In "Chapter 5," what does Clare remember about her time with Harry/Harriet as she rides on the truck?
(a) Learning about his past.
(b) Talking about crime.
(c) Harvesting oysters.
(d) Going to the beach.
3. What event happens before Kitty and Boy leave for the United States?
(a) A robbery.
(b) An illness.
(c) A political change.
(d) A murder.
4. In "Chapter 1," what word is used interchangeably with "ruinate"?
5. Why does the author ask what has happened to the woman, in "Chapter 7"?
(a) Because she wants to interview her.
(b) Because they are related.
(c) Because she is needed.
(d) Because she left mysteriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Mattie's granddaughter do to help others, in "Chapter 1."
2. Why does Clare return home early during her visit with Liz, in "Chapter 5"?
3. When does Clare see the Jamaican orphans?
4. What question does the author ask, at the end of "Chapter 7"?
5. What movie does Boy see at the drive-in theater?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)