|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Harry/Harriet's letter, he says Clare must do more than _____?
2. When Harry/Harriet visits Clare in the hospital in "Chapter 8," what big news does she share?
(a) That she is living as a woman full-time.
(b) That her parents have been giving her money.
(c) That she is going to a French university.
(d) That she has started a revolution.
3. Where do Kitty and Boy first land in the United States?
(a) New York.
(b) Rhode Island.
4. Who takes Clare to see "Gone with the Wind"?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An uncle.
5. In "Chapter 1," why does the narrator say the men and women in the truck claimed a piece of land?
(a) Because it was legally theirs.
(b) Because it was rumored to hide gold.
(c) Because it was near the water.
(d) Because it was overgrown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clare end up with the deed to Miss Mattie's land?
2. In the opening quote of "Chapter 3," what is the lover?
3. How old is Christopher when his grandmother dies?
4. In "Chapter 1," what do the soldiers see as a sign of the decline of civilization?
5. How does Clare die?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)