|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Clare's London apartment described?
(a) Full of light.
2. In "Chapter 1," where do the people in the truck get their clothes from?
(a) They are gifts from the government.
(b) They make them themselves.
(c) They are stolen or borrowed.
(d) They buy them in America.
3. Where does the truck head, in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Off a cliff.
(b) Across a river.
(c) Around the mountain.
(d) Through a tunnel.
4. What does Bobby do when Clare asks him about the Vietnam war?
(a) He says he'll talk to her, but he may lie.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He asks her to stop.
(d) He tells her everything.
5. Why does Clare visit a doctor in Jamaica?
(a) Because she wants to discuss getting pregnant.
(b) Because she has an infection.
(c) Because she wants to find a cure for Bobby's leg.
(d) Because she is interviewing for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers feel about the house, in "Chapter 1"?
2. In "Chapter 5," who does Clare visit in Jamaica?
3. Where does Clare ride in the truck in "Chapter 4"?
4. In "Chapter 8," what does Clare tell Harry/Harriet about her mother?
5. Why won't Charles help Christopher find his grandmother's body?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)