|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," who is the first person Christopher speaks to when he arrives at Paul's house?
2. What does Jennie do when she first comes to the United States that reminds Boy of Kitty?
(a) She shops in Jamaican food stores.
(b) She sews her own clothes.
(c) She reads at night.
(d) She sings Jamaican songs.
3. Where does the quote in "Chapter 3" originate?
(a) A hymn.
(b) A Bible passage.
(c) Jamaican folklore.
(d) British literature.
4. According to the narrator, why were the lands originally taken from the Jamaicans?
(a) To try to help the native farmers.
(b) To build apartment buildings.
(c) To be cleared for agriculture.
(d) To prove English power.
5. Where does Harry/Harriet say he was sent after his rape?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To the Dungle.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To the capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 9," what is said happened to Christopher after the murders he committed?
2. What does the woman in "Chapter 7" call the items in her pocket?
3. How does Clare learn that Miss Mattie's land has been abandoned?
4. In "Chapter 4," what ethnicity is Boy's girlfriend?
5. Who ended up taking in Harry/Harriet after his rape?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)