|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does the unnamed man with the truck pay to go to London?
(a) With drug money.
(b) With money from stolen goods.
(c) With an inheritance.
(d) With the help of a rich man.
2. How does Clare learn that Miss Mattie's land has been abandoned?
(a) Jennie tells her.
(b) A relative tells Boy.
(c) A lost letter from Kitty.
(d) It is in the news.
3. In "Chapter 2," how does being far from home affect some Jamaicans?
(a) They are frustrated with it.
(b) They are sad with it.
(c) They gain power from it.
(d) They feel free because of it.
4. In "Chapter 1," what origin is given for the word "ruinate"?
5. In the beginning of "Chapter 1," what has just ended?
(a) A heavy rain.
(b) A long war.
(c) A stock market crash.
(d) A day at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jennie come to live with Clare and Boy?
2. What does Clare say happened to Kitty's letters over the years?
3. In "Chapter 1," who is considered to be the force behind civilization?
4. How does Paul feel about involving the police in his family's murder?
5. Who brings Kitty to the United States?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)