|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kitty visit several grocery stores, in "Chapter 3"?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) To learn English.
(c) To get the best prices.
(d) To find Jamaican food.
2. Who first meets up with Kitty and Boy when they go to New York City?
(a) Kitty's parents.
(b) Boy's cousins.
(c) Boy's parents.
(d) Kitty's cousins.
3. In "Chapter 1," where do the people in the truck get their clothes from?
(a) They are stolen or borrowed.
(b) They buy them in America.
(c) They make them themselves.
(d) They are gifts from the government.
4. What does Boy say the sign was for his family to leave Jamaica?
(a) The fires in the village.
(b) The changing political leaders.
(c) The hurricane season.
(d) The death of Miss Mattie.
5. Whose face is on the notes used at the laundry?
(a) An old man.
(b) Mrs. White.
(c) Two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers feel about the house, in "Chapter 1"?
2. What is printed on the notes used at the laundry?
3. Where do the soldiers plan on training, in "Chapter 1"?
4. What event happens before Kitty and Boy leave for the United States?
5. Why does Miss Mattie's granddaughter feel drawn to help others?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)