|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does the narrator say many people feel about worshiping God?
2. What event happens before Kitty and Boy leave for the United States?
(a) A murder.
(b) A political change.
(c) An illness.
(d) A robbery.
3. Who does Charles have Christopher first serve?
(a) Paul's brother.
(b) Charles's sister.
(d) Charles's wife.
4. In "Chapter 1," why does the narrator say the men and women in the truck claimed a piece of land?
(a) Because it was overgrown.
(b) Because it was near the water.
(c) Because it was rumored to hide gold.
(d) Because it was legally theirs.
5. In "Chapter 2," what does Christopher remember about a light-skinned boy from his childhood?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Digging holes.
(c) Going fishing.
(d) Learning to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet do for a living?
2. When Kitty has a flashback in "Chapter 3," what does Dorothy tell her?
3. Why does Miss Mattie's granddaughter feel drawn to help others?
4. Whom does Paul have help him bury his family members?
5. In the beginning of "Chapter 1," what has just ended?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)