|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 1," why does the narrator say the men and women in the truck claimed a piece of land?
(a) Because it was rumored to hide gold.
(b) Because it was near the water.
(c) Because it was overgrown.
(d) Because it was legally theirs.
2. What name does Kitty call Boy during an argument, in "Chapter 3"?
3. Why does Kitty begin changing the notes at the laundry?
(a) She is given the task as a new job.
(b) She wants to correct the grammar.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She thinks she is telling funny jokes.
4. Why does Miss Mattie's granddaughter feel drawn to help others?
(a) Because her boyfriend enjoys it.
(b) Because her grandmother did the same.
(c) Because it is her punishment.
(d) Because she wants to make up for her sins.
5. Whose face is on the notes used at the laundry?
(a) An old man.
(b) Mrs. White.
(d) Two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boy cut ties with Kitty's family in New York City?
2. What does Christopher say his grandmother used to call "the sleep of the righteous"?
3. In "Chapter 2," how does the narrator say many people feel about worshiping God?
4. In the beginning of "Chapter 1," what has just ended?
5. Why does Kitty visit the cemetery?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)