|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Christopher want to find his grandmother and put her to rest?
(a) A note from a neighbor.
(b) A comment from Charles.
(c) A vision of his grandmother.
(d) A Bible passage.
2. Why does Christopher's grandmother tear her handkerchief in half?
(a) To comfort her.
(b) To sew something new.
(c) No one knows.
(d) To share it.
3. In "Chapter 2," who is the first person Christopher speaks to when he arrives at Paul's house?
4. What frightens Christopher after his grandmother's death?
(a) Being taken to the United States.
(b) Losing his books.
(c) Being haunted by her.
(d) Having his money stolen.
5. In "Chapter 1," how are the races of the people in the back of the truck described?
(a) Light-skinned blacks.
(b) Dark-skinned blacks.
(c) Asians and whites.
(d) Mixed races.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," what does Christopher remember about a light-skinned boy from his childhood?
2. In "Chapter 1," who is considered to be the force behind civilization?
3. How do the soldiers feel about the house, in "Chapter 1"?
4. How is Miss Mattie's granddaughter's skin described?
5. Where are the words "no telephone to heaven" painted?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)