|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe weapon manufacturing, in "Chapter 1"?
(a) An English trade.
(b) A dangerous line of work.
(c) A job for the strong.
(d) A big business.
2. In "Chapter 1," why does the narrator say the men and women in the truck claimed a piece of land?
(a) Because it was legally theirs.
(b) Because it was rumored to hide gold.
(c) Because it was overgrown.
(d) Because it was near the water.
3. What does Miss Mattie's granddaughter do to help others, in "Chapter 1."
(a) She gives them food.
(b) She gives them rides in a truck.
(c) She raises money for them.
(d) She builds them homes.
4. In "Chapter 1," who is considered to be the force behind civilization?
(a) The English.
(b) The children.
(c) The women.
(d) The Jamaicans.
5. What does the Brother at the church give Christopher as a child?
(a) A picture of Christ.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A wooden cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chapter 2," how does being far from home affect some Jamaicans?
2. In "Chapter 1," what word is used interchangeably with "ruinate"?
3. How does Paul feel about involving the police in his family's murder?
4. What frightens Christopher after his grandmother's death?
5. How are the members of Paul's family killed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)