1. In "Chapter 1," what origin is given for the word "ruinate"?
2. In the beginning of "Chapter 1," what has just ended?
(a) A stock market crash.
(b) A long war.
(c) A day at work.
(d) A heavy rain.
3. Where does the truck head, in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Off a cliff.
(b) Across a river.
(c) Around the mountain.
(d) Through a tunnel.
4. In "Chapter 1," how are the races of the people in the back of the truck described?
(a) Asians and whites.
(b) Light-skinned blacks.
(c) Dark-skinned blacks.
(d) Mixed races.
5. In "Chapter 1," where do the people in the truck get their clothes from?
(a) They make them themselves.
(b) They are stolen or borrowed.
(c) They are gifts from the government.
(d) They buy them in America.
6. What do the people in the back of the truck think of themselves, in "Chapter 1"?
(a) That they are teachers.
(b) That they are bettering their lives.
(c) That they will receive help soon.
(d) That they are soldiers.
This section contains 4,619 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)