• A truck full of men, women, and supplies travels through the Jamaican countryside.
• The land is described as being "ruinate," a word the Jamaicans use to describe the land that has been ignored by colonists after they took it over years ago.
• The men in the truck consider themselves to be soldiers.
• The soldiers are reclaiming a piece of land that used to be owned by Miss Mattie.
• Miss Mattie's land will be used to farm and grow ganja.
• The soldiers can trade ganja for weapons.
• A truck is seen with "no telephone to heaven" painted on the side.
• The Jamaican people are described as feeling betrayed by religion.
• A young man, Paul, returns homes to discover his family has been murdered by the yard worker Christopher.
• Christopher kills Paul and goes to the Dungle, an impoverished area, where he was raised.
• Kitty and Boy...
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)