|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Franklin's physical condition?
2. In addition to Civil Rights, Eleanor also worked for _________________________.
3. What did average Americans collect to help the war effort?
4. As part of his presidential campaign of 1940, what did Roosevelt do?
5. What is the name of the proposal Roosevelt devised to help the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
2. What did Roosevelt do first in order to prepare for potential war?
3. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
4. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
5. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
6. Who was Lorena Hickok?
7. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
8. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
9. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
10. What was the evolution of the relationship between Eleanor and Lorena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes the point that in spite of their places on the world stage, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt were also a married couple with problems just like any married couple. Name some of the challenges of the Roosevelt marriage. What were their coping mechanisms? What were their attempts to strengthen or weaken the bond through the years?
Essay Topic 2
Franklin Roosevelt is remembered as one of America's most beloved presidents. In your opinion, why is Roosevelt remembered so fondly? Explain. Conversely, what were some of his weaknesses as President?
Essay Topic 3
German technology is known worldwide for its excellence. Explain how the Germans far exceeded America or any of its allies in weaponry and arms. What does this arms technology say about the core philosophies of a country?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)