|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrest added to the encouraging war news from abroad?
2. Who was Roosevelt's Republican opponent in the presidential election of 1944?
(a) George Patton
(b) Thomas Dewey
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. Where does Franklin take a three-week vacation at the end of November 1944?
(a) Warm Springs, Georgia
(b) Campobello Island
(c) Provo, Utah
(d) Burlington, Vermont
4. With whom did Roosevelt meet at this conference?
(a) Eisenhower and Patton
(b) Churchill and Blair
(c) Churchill and Eisenhower
(d) Churchill and Stalin
5. With what disease is Roosevelt diagnosed?
(b) Lung cancer
(c) Congestive heart failure
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eleanor support for both his runs for the presidency?
2. What debate becomes important in November of 1944?
3. Where did Eleanor stay when she visited England in October of 1942?
4. For what cause does Eleanor continue to fight on the home front?
5. What does Roosevelt take over under emergency war powers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the agenda for each of the "Big Three" leaders at the Yalta Conference?
2. What were the circumstances surrounding Franklin's death?
3. Despite the devastation of war, what encouraging things did Eleanor witness when visiting England in the fall of 1942?
4. Explain the war effort in Russian and Stalin's ultimate goal.
5. Explain the Smith-Connally Act.
6. What did Eleanor do with her life after Franklin's death?
7. Explain the GI Bill.
8. Explain the role of antisemitism in Americans turning away shiploads of European refugees in 1942?
9. How did Eleanor come to terms with her husband's infidelities over the years?
10. What became of the Roosevelts' closest companions after the Roosevelt White House years?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)