|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What debate becomes important in November of 1944?
(a) Gay and Lesbian rights
(b) Civil Rights
(d) Childcare rights
2. What does Franklin ask of Eleanor at this time?
(a) To replace the domestic staff
(b) To divorce him
(c) To help him write his memoirs
(d) To remain home and return to being his wife
3. What major event takes place in November of 1943?
(a) The Teheran Conference
(b) The death of Chiang Kai-shek
(c) The end of World War II
(d) The founding of the United Nations
4. What new platform replaces the "New Deal?"
(a) Win, Lose or Draw
(b) Win the War
(c) No Deal
(d) The Best Deal
5. Where is Roosevelt given a physical at the urging of his daughter, Anna?
(a) Bethesda Naval Hospital
(b) Columbia Medical Center
(c) Duke University
(d) Johns Hopkins
Short Answer Questions
1. For what cause does Eleanor continue to fight on the home front?
2. What wedding anniversary do Franklin and Eleanor celebrate in 1943?
3. What prevents Franklin and Eleanor from living as husband and wife?
4. Which people were kept in internment camps in America during the war?
5. What major military event occurs on June 6, 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor find personal fulfillment by the end of November, 1944?
2. What became of the Roosevelts' closest companions after the Roosevelt White House years?
3. What is Roosevelt's new rallying cry at the end of 1943?
4. Explain the role of antisemitism in Americans turning away shiploads of European refugees in 1942?
5. What was the outcome of the D-Day invasion on June 6, 1944?
6. What is the state of the Roosevelts' marriage by the end of 1944?
7. Explain the role that Anna Roosevelt plays in her parents' lives at the beginning of 1944.
8. What was Eleanor's perspective on the Japanese internment camps in the U.S.?
9. Why are Bess and Margaret Truman shocked at the state of the White House?
10. What is the state of Roosevelt's health during the 1944 campaign and to what extent did the American people know about his health?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)