|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major military event occurs on June 6, 1944?
(b) The end of the war
(c) The execution of Mussolini
(d) The capture of Hitler
2. What prevents Franklin and Eleanor from living as husband and wife?
(a) Eleanor's unwillingness to forgive Franklin's infidelities
(b) Franklin's paralysis
(c) Franklin's presidential duties
(d) Eleanor's travel and work schedule
3. What is noteworthy about the new defense plants?
(a) The large number of women employed
(b) The massive production
(c) The technology
(d) The pristine facilities
4. What is considered to be Eleanor Roosevelt's greatest achievement?
(a) Speaking out for the disadvantaged
(b) Raising five children
(c) Marrying Franklin Roosevelt
(d) Launching the Civil Rights movement
5. By the end of 1942, how many Jews were estimated to have been killed by the Germans?
(a) 30 thousand
(b) 3 million
(c) 30 million
(d) 3 thousand
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did not garner much interest among Americans?
2. Whose arrest added to the encouraging war news from abroad?
3. What is Roosevelt doing when he collapses?
4. Where are Franklin and Eleanor at the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. What happens two weeks after Roosevelt's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the role of women in industry during World War II.
2. What was the nature of Eleanor's trip to the South Pacific in 1943?
3. How did Eleanor find personal fulfillment by the end of November, 1944?
4. What was the agenda for each of the "Big Three" leaders at the Yalta Conference?
5. Explain the war effort in Russian and Stalin's ultimate goal.
6. Explain the GI Bill.
7. Despite the devastation of war, what encouraging things did Eleanor witness when visiting England in the fall of 1942?
8. Explain the role that Anna Roosevelt plays in her parents' lives at the beginning of 1944.
9. What was Eleanor's perspective on the Japanese internment camps in the U.S.?
10. What was the state of Franklin's health in 1944?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)