|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What debate becomes important in November of 1944?
(a) Civil Rights
(c) Gay and Lesbian rights
(d) Childcare rights
2. What major military event occurs on June 6, 1944?
(b) The execution of Mussolini
(c) The end of the war
(d) The capture of Hitler
3. Where was Roosevelt buried?
(a) Hyde Park
(c) New York
4. For what do hundreds of thousands Allied soldiers prepare in the spring of 1944?
(a) The end of the war
(b) Another attack by the Axis forces
(c) Continuing rations
5. What is noteworthy about the new defense plants?
(a) The pristine facilities
(b) The large number of women employed
(c) The technology
(d) The massive production
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization is established in January of 1944 but is essentially useless?
2. Where did Eleanor stay when she visited England in October of 1942?
3. What condition did another doctor find when examining Roosevelt?
4. With whom was Eleanor allowed to visit on this trip?
5. Who is blamed for black women quitting their jobs as domestics to work in factories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the aftermath of Franklin's death?
2. What do some historians contend about Roosevelt's performance at Yalta in light of his failing health?
3. Explain the contrasts in Franklin and Eleanor's personalities that ultimately made their marriage troublesome.
4. Explain the role that Anna Roosevelt plays in her parents' lives at the beginning of 1944.
5. Explain the Smith-Connally Act.
6. What was the state of Franklin's health in 1944?
7. Explain the role of women in industry during World War II.
8. What is Roosevelt's new rallying cry at the end of 1943?
9. Explain the war effort in Russian and Stalin's ultimate goal.
10. What was the nature of Eleanor's trip to the South Pacific in 1943?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)