|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Roosevelt leave for boarding school?
2. At what convention does Eleanor speak?
(a) Democratic National Convention
(b) Republican National Convention
(c) Convention of Sleeping Car Porters
(d) League of Women's Voters Convention
3. What did average Americans collect to help the war effort?
(d) Scrap metal
4. What were Germany, Italy and Japan referred to during the war?
(a) Really Bad Guys
(b) Axis Powers
(c) The Axis of Evil
(d) Triumvirate of Evil
5. Who is Marvina Thompson?
(a) Eleanor's childhood friend
(b) Eleanor's best friend
(c) Eleanor's personal secretary
(d) Eleanor's speechwriter
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of household was Roosevelt raised?
2. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
3. Who was Roosevelt's opponent in the presidential race in 1940?
4. What is the problem occurring on American soil in May of 1940?
5. What did Roosevelt ask Americans to buy prior to his fireside chat of February 23, 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eleanor find personal fulfillment by the end of November, 1944?
2. Explain the role that Anna Roosevelt plays in her parents' lives at the beginning of 1944.
3. What is Eleanor's heritage?
4. What is Roosevelt's new rallying cry at the end of 1943?
5. What became of the Roosevelts' closest companions after the Roosevelt White House years?
6. What was Eleanor's perspective on the Japanese internment camps in the U.S.?
7. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
8. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
9. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
10. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)