|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Roosevelt help businesses prepare for war?
(a) They received stimulus loans
(b) They could defer tax payments for one year
(c) They received huge tax cuts
(d) They could amortize capital expenses
2. To which of her children did Eleanor become closest?
3. What military equipment did the Germans have that far exceeded the Allies?
(a) Machine guns
4. In Roosevelt's January 1941 State of the Union address, he names ____________________________.
(a) Four essential freedoms
(b) A new Secretary of State
(c) His successor in the Democratic Party
(d) His new running mate
5. Which public figured denounced the Lend-Lease aid?
(a) Charles Lindbergh
(b) Gloria Swanson
(c) Amelia Earhart
(d) John Wayne
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Allied troops escape to England?
2. Where did Franklin seek the healing of water for his polio?
3. Which important Roosevelt family member dies at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What were Germany, Italy and Japan referred to during the war?
5. For what has Eleanor Roosevelt just received an award?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was James Doolittle?
2. What was the nature of Roosevelt's childhood?
3. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
4. Who were the principal companions of Franklin and Eleanor during this period?
5. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
6. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
7. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
8. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
9. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
10. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)