|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Franklin D. Roosevelt at the beginning of the book?
2. What role does Eleanor take on after Franklin's illness?
(a) Legal counselor
(d) Business partner
3. In addition to Civil Rights, Eleanor also worked for _________________________.
(a) Single mothers
(b) European refugees
(c) College professors
(d) Factory workers
4. Which public figured denounced the Lend-Lease aid?
(a) Amelia Earhart
(b) Charles Lindbergh
(c) Gloria Swanson
(d) John Wayne
5. Where did Roosevelt vacation with his family in June of 1940?
(d) Hyde Park
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did the Germans capture on June 14, 1940?
2. What does Churchill write to Roosevelt in November of 1940?
3. With what disease is Franklin stricken?
4. What unpopular law did Roosevelt need to reinstate during the Summer of 1940?
5. Who was Missy LeHand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
2. Explain the challenges and circumstances facing Roosevelt in the matter of reinstating a military draft in 1940.
3. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
4. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
5. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
6. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
7. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
8. What was the nature of Eleanor's childhood?
9. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
10. What were the circumstances related to Roosevelt's inviting Crown Princess Martha of Norway to stay at the White House?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)