|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roosevelt had to decide whether to give military aid to the British or ________________________________.
(a) Stay out of the war completely
(b) Let Britain fight its own battles
(c) Side with Germany
(d) Build up America's military
2. What was Eleanor's position on war?
(a) There are some times when war is justified
(b) She was pro-war in all cases
(c) She was against all wars
(d) War is a necessary part of life
3. What country does the German army invade in June of 1941?
4. Who was the U.S. Ambassador to England in 1941?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Joseph P. Kennedy
(c) Herbert Hoover
(d) J. Edgar Hoover
5. What happens within one week of the event of December 7, 1941?
(a) Eleanor moves out of the White House
(b) Eleanor and Franklin reconcile
(c) Franklin's mother's funeral is held
(d) The U.S. declares war on Japan, Germany and Italy
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Allied troops escape to England?
2. How did Roosevelt help businesses prepare for war?
3. How much younger is Missy than Franklin?
4. For what does Roosevelt ask Congress?
5. What did Lorene provide to Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
2. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
3. What was the nature of Roosevelt's childhood?
4. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
5. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
6. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
7. Who was James Doolittle?
8. What were the circumstances related to Roosevelt's inviting Crown Princess Martha of Norway to stay at the White House?
9. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
10. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)