|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
(a) His mother is coming for a visit
(b) Hitler has attacked five European countries
(c) His son is ill
(d) His wife wants a divorce
2. What were Germany, Italy and Japan referred to during the war?
(a) The Axis of Evil
(b) Axis Powers
(c) Triumvirate of Evil
(d) Really Bad Guys
3. How did Roosevelt help businesses prepare for war?
(a) They received huge tax cuts
(b) They could amortize capital expenses
(c) They received stimulus loans
(d) They could defer tax payments for one year
4. Who arrives at the White House in December of 1941 and stays nearly a month?
(a) Tony Blair
(b) Benito Mussolini
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Joseph Stalin
5. What was Eleanor's position on war?
(a) War is a necessary part of life
(b) She was against all wars
(c) She was pro-war in all cases
(d) There are some times when war is justified
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor's relation to Theodore Roosevelt?
2. What was the British government requesting of the United States in the Summer of 1940?
3. What happened to change the nature of Eleanor and Franklin's marriage?
4. Which Americans favor U.S. involvement in the war in Europe?
5. How was Eleanor's marriage to Franklin in the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
2. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
3. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
4. What was the evolution of the relationship between Eleanor and Lorena?
5. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
6. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
7. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
8. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
9. Who was Missy LeHand?
10. Who were the principal companions of Franklin and Eleanor during this period?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)