|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Eleanor grow up?
(b) New York
2. What public figure makes a case for isolationism in conflict with Roosevelt's position?
(a) Bette Davis
(b) Joe DiMaggio
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Charles Lindbergh
3. Who is Missy LeHand?
(a) The Roosevelt children's nanny
(b) Eleanor's best friend
(c) Franklin's personal secretary
(d) Franklin's speechwriter
4. In what incident did Eleanor get involved in Virginia?
(a) The Mount Vernon Ladies Society
(b) The preservation of Monticello
(c) A tobacco embargo
(d) The execution of a black sharecropper
5. Roosevelt had to decide whether to give military aid to the British or ________________________________.
(a) Stay out of the war completely
(b) Build up America's military
(c) Let Britain fight its own battles
(d) Side with Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Allied troops escaped to England in the "miracle of Dunkirk?"
2. Where does Eleanor go to work during this period?
3. What unpopular law did Roosevelt need to reinstate during the Summer of 1940?
4. Up until this time, how many terms could a president serve?
5. What did Roosevelt do on May 26, 1940, for which he will be remembered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Smith-Connally Act.
2. How did Eleanor find personal fulfillment by the end of November, 1944?
3. What was Eleanor's perspective on the Japanese internment camps in the U.S.?
4. What was the outcome of the D-Day invasion on June 6, 1944?
5. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
6. Despite the devastation of war, what encouraging things did Eleanor witness when visiting England in the fall of 1942?
7. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
8. What is one perspective of historians regarding the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
9. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
10. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)