|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Missy LeHand?
(a) Mrs. Roosevelt's maid
(b) The children's nanny
(c) Eleanor's college friend
(d) Franklin's secretary
2. In what incident did Eleanor get involved in Virginia?
(a) A tobacco embargo
(b) The execution of a black sharecropper
(c) The preservation of Monticello
(d) The Mount Vernon Ladies Society
3. What public figure makes a case for isolationism in conflict with Roosevelt's position?
(a) Charles Lindbergh
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Bette Davis
(d) Joe DiMaggio
4. To which of her children did Eleanor become closest?
5. Where does Eleanor go to work during this period?
(a) The League of Women Voters
(b) The Office of Civilian Defense
(c) The NAACP
(d) The Environmental Agency
Short Answer Questions
1. Which public figured denounced the Lend-Lease aid?
2. Roosevelt had to decide whether to give military aid to the British or ________________________________.
3. Which pilot led a daring raid on Japan?
4. What did Lorene provide to Eleanor?
5. Which important Roosevelt family member dies at the beginning of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
2. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
3. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
4. Who was James Doolittle?
5. What was the nature of Eleanor's childhood?
6. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
7. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
8. What did Roosevelt do first in order to prepare for potential war?
9. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
10. What were the circumstances related to Roosevelt's inviting Crown Princess Martha of Norway to stay at the White House?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)