|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does the German army invade in June of 1941?
2. In what city did Eleanor grow up?
(c) New York
3. What unpopular law did Roosevelt need to reinstate during the Summer of 1940?
(a) A military draft
(b) More income taxes
(c) Civil Rights
(d) A war budget
4. How many Allied troops escaped to England in the "miracle of Dunkirk?"
5. What did Roosevelt do on May 26, 1940, for which he will be remembered?
(a) Got an artificial leg
(b) Declared war on Germany
(c) Met with Winston Churchill
(d) Delivered a fireside chat
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of childhood did Eleanor have?
2. With what public figure does Roosevelt have a romantic flirtation?
3. How old is Franklin D. Roosevelt at the beginning of the book?
4. Who is Harry Hopkins?
5. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
2. Who was Missy LeHand?
3. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
4. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
5. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
6. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
7. What was the nature of Roosevelt's childhood?
8. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
9. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
10. What was a fireside chat?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)