|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roosevelt do on May 26, 1940, for which he will be remembered?
(a) Met with Winston Churchill
(b) Delivered a fireside chat
(c) Declared war on Germany
(d) Got an artificial leg
2. Where did Franklin seek the healing of water for his polio?
(a) Warm Springs, Georgia
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah
(c) Portland, Maine
(d) Sarasota, Florida
3. With what disease is Franklin stricken?
4. In addition to Civil Rights, Eleanor also worked for _________________________.
(a) College professors
(b) Factory workers
(c) Single mothers
(d) European refugees
5. Who replaces Neville Chamberlain as Prime Minister of Great Britain?
(a) Tony Blair
(b) Prince Charles
(c) Cordell Hull
(d) Winston Churchill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt denounce for joining forces with Germany?
2. What public figure makes a case for isolationism in conflict with Roosevelt's position?
3. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
4. What country does the German army invade in June of 1941?
5. Who is Marvina Thompson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
2. What is one perspective of historians regarding the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
3. Who was Missy LeHand?
4. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
5. What is Eleanor's heritage?
6. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
7. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
8. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
9. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
10. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)