|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor's position on war?
(a) She was pro-war in all cases
(b) There are some times when war is justified
(c) She was against all wars
(d) War is a necessary part of life
2. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
(a) Divorce her
(b) Stop having affairs
(c) Go to counseling
(d) Separate for awhile
3. Which important Roosevelt family member dies at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Sara Roosevelt
(c) Elliott Roosevelt
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
4. What role does Eleanor take on after Franklin's illness?
(a) Business partner
(b) Legal counselor
5. Roosevelt had to decide whether to give military aid to the British or ________________________________.
(a) Let Britain fight its own battles
(b) Build up America's military
(c) Side with Germany
(d) Stay out of the war completely
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. Ambassador to England in 1941?
2. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
3. With whom was Roosevelt a confident related to the war in Europe?
4. Who was Eleanor's mother?
5. Of what did Eleanor urge Americans to slow their purchases?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the challenges and circumstances facing Roosevelt in the matter of reinstating a military draft in 1940.
2. What was a fireside chat?
3. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
4. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
5. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
6. What were the circumstances related to Roosevelt's inviting Crown Princess Martha of Norway to stay at the White House?
7. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
8. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
9. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
10. What was the nature of Roosevelt's childhood?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)