|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years had Franklin D. Roosevelt been President of the United States at the beginning of the book?
2. How is the Roosevelts' marriage described?
3. What unpopular law did Roosevelt need to reinstate during the Summer of 1940?
(a) Civil Rights
(b) More income taxes
(c) A war budget
(d) A military draft
4. Why are American Catholics opposed to helping the answer to #82 defend itself against Germany?
(a) They opposed Communism
(b) They opposed war of any kind
(c) They thought Italy should be protected first
(d) There were too many atheists in the country
5. With whom did Eleanor side during this pre-war period?
(a) The Republicans
(b) The Libertarians
(c) The New Dealers
(d) Big business
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
2. What is the name of the cottage built for Eleanor on the Hyde Park estate?
3. Who was the U.S. Ambassador to England in 1941?
4. What did Roosevelt consider important during the pre-war period?
5. At what major company did fights break out over unions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
2. What was a fireside chat?
3. What was the evolution of the relationship between Eleanor and Lorena?
4. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
5. What is Eleanor's heritage?
6. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
7. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
8. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
9. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
10. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)