|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are American Catholics opposed to helping the answer to #82 defend itself against Germany?
(a) They opposed Communism
(b) There were too many atheists in the country
(c) They opposed war of any kind
(d) They thought Italy should be protected first
2. What happens within one week of the event of December 7, 1941?
(a) Eleanor moves out of the White House
(b) The U.S. declares war on Japan, Germany and Italy
(c) Eleanor and Franklin reconcile
(d) Franklin's mother's funeral is held
3. What does Churchill write to Roosevelt in November of 1940?
(a) The British navy was larger than ever
(b) The British army was going to surrender
(c) The British government needed money
(d) The King had died
4. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
(a) His uncle
(c) The governor
(d) Missy LeHand
5. When did the first U.S. troops go to Britain in World War II?
(a) January, 1942
(b) February, 1943
(c) December, 1941
(d) January, 1941
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the proposal Roosevelt devised to help the British?
2. Who was Missy LeHand?
3. What type of childhood did Eleanor have?
4. In what incident did Eleanor get involved in Virginia?
5. As part of his presidential campaign of 1940, what did Roosevelt do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
2. What is the state of the Roosevelts' marriage by the end of 1944?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
4. What was the nature of Eleanor's childhood?
5. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
6. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
7. What do some historians contend about Roosevelt's performance at Yalta in light of his failing health?
8. Explain the role of antisemitism in Americans turning away shiploads of European refugees in 1942?
9. What is the state of Roosevelt's health during the 1944 campaign and to what extent did the American people know about his health?
10. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)