|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roosevelt call the war in Europe in a speech in May of 1941?
(a) Our Finest Hour
(b) A war for World Domination
(c) Nobility in Action
(d) The War to End All Wars
2. Which pilot led a daring raid on Japan?
(a) Charles Lindbergh
(b) Audie Murphy
(c) James Doolittle
(d) The Red Baron
3. How often did Roosevelt deliver his fireside chats?
(a) Every month
(b) Once a year
(c) About twice a year
(d) Every week
4. In what public issue does Eleanor find herself immersed in September of 1940?
(a) Franklin's infidelity
(b) Women's rights
(c) Racial controversy
(d) Voter's rights
5. This chapter focuses on Franklin's ______________________________.
(a) Nomination for a third term as President
(b) Yachting trips
(c) Trips to Warm Springs
(d) Diagnosis of polio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Roosevelt's opponent in the presidential race in 1940?
2. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
3. Why are American Catholics opposed to helping the answer to #82 defend itself against Germany?
4. To which of her children did Eleanor become closest?
5. What did Lorene provide to Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
2. What is notable about Roosevelt and Churchill's first meeting?
3. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
4. Despite the devastation of war, what encouraging things did Eleanor witness when visiting England in the fall of 1942?
5. What is Eleanor's heritage?
6. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
7. Explain the contrasts in Franklin and Eleanor's personalities that ultimately made their marriage troublesome.
8. How did Eleanor find personal fulfillment by the end of November, 1944?
9. Explain the Smith-Connally Act.
10. Who were the principal companions of Franklin and Eleanor during this period?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)