|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
(a) Missy LeHand
(b) The governor
(d) His uncle
2. What did average Americans collect to help the war effort?
(d) Scrap metal
3. Which pilot led a daring raid on Japan?
(a) Charles Lindbergh
(b) The Red Baron
(c) Audie Murphy
(d) James Doolittle
4. With whom was Roosevelt a confident related to the war in Europe?
5. What was the Arcadia Conference?
(a) The beginning of the United Nations
(b) Roosevelt and Churchill's plan to deal with Germany first
(c) The declaration of war against Germany
(d) The foundation of the League of Nations
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Eleanor grow up?
2. In what area does the issue of racial discrimination emerge?
3. With whom did Eleanor side during this pre-war period?
4. With whom does Franklin continue to spend weekends and afternoons?
5. In Roosevelt's January 1941 State of the Union address, he names ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
2. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
3. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
4. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
5. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
6. In what way does Eleanor find some purpose in her life mid-1940?
7. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
8. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
9. What was a fireside chat?
10. Explain "The Arcadia Conference."
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)