|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Allied troops escape to England?
(a) On any type of boat available
(c) Extended marches
2. What is the name of the proposal Roosevelt devised to help the British?
(b) Greater Britain
(c) The New Deal
(d) A Better Deal for Britain
3. With whom do the Roosevelts spend Christmas of 1941?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) Missy LeHand
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) The Churchills
4. Who is Marvina Thompson?
(a) Eleanor's personal secretary
(b) Eleanor's speechwriter
(c) Eleanor's best friend
(d) Eleanor's childhood friend
5. Which pilot led a daring raid on Japan?
(a) Audie Murphy
(b) James Doolittle
(c) Charles Lindbergh
(d) The Red Baron
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eleanor when her mother died?
2. How much younger is Missy than Franklin?
3. How old is Franklin D. Roosevelt at the beginning of the book?
4. At what age did Roosevelt leave for boarding school?
5. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances related to Roosevelt's inviting Crown Princess Martha of Norway to stay at the White House?
2. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
3. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
4. What is one perspective of historians regarding the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
5. Explain the contrasts in Franklin and Eleanor's personalities that ultimately made their marriage troublesome.
6. What was the state of Franklin's health in 1944?
7. Explain the role of antisemitism in Americans turning away shiploads of European refugees in 1942?
8. Who were the principal companions of Franklin and Eleanor during this period?
9. Who was James Doolittle?
10. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)