|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Roosevelt ask Congress?
(a) Increased draft measures
(b) A wartime budget approval
(c) 50,000 airplanes
(d) A declaration of war
2. At what age did Roosevelt leave for boarding school?
3. What became prevalent in America in 1941?
(a) New Deal jobs
(c) Labor strikes
4. At what major company did fights break out over unions?
(b) Ford Motor Company
(c) General Electric
(d) General Motors Company
5. Who is Harry Hopkins?
(a) Franklin's valet
(b) Franklin's best friend
(c) Franklin's tailor
(d) Franklin's political advisor
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does the German army invade in June of 1941?
2. What happened on December 7, 1941?
3. Up until this time, how many terms could a president serve?
4. How old was Eleanor when her mother died?
5. Which public figured denounced the Lend-Lease aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances related to Roosevelt's inviting Crown Princess Martha of Norway to stay at the White House?
2. What was a fireside chat?
3. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
4. Explain the challenges and circumstances facing Roosevelt in the matter of reinstating a military draft in 1940.
5. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
6. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
7. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
8. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
9. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
10. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)