|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roosevelt do for Missy?
(a) Leaves her half his estate in his will
(b) Buys her a new wardrobe
(c) Throws a going away party for her
(d) Sends her a wedding gift
2. What is the name of the cottage built for Eleanor on the Hyde Park estate?
(a) Petit Park
3. Who was Joseph Lash?
(a) Franklin's personal valet
(b) Eleanor's secretary
(c) Eleanor's companion
(d) Eleanor's cousin
4. What is put into place and will impact the citizens of America?
(a) Fewer automobiles produced
(c) Lower crop production
(d) The delay of television signals
5. Who was Missy LeHand?
(a) Mrs. Roosevelt's maid
(b) Franklin's secretary
(c) The children's nanny
(d) Eleanor's college friend
Short Answer Questions
1. In what incident did Eleanor get involved in Virginia?
2. As part of his presidential campaign of 1940, what did Roosevelt do?
3. Who was Lorene Hickok?
4. What famous speech did Franklin make on December 8, 1941?
5. What is Eleanor Roosevelt's opinion on money spent on war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
2. Who was Lorena Hickok?
3. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
4. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
5. What was the nature of Roosevelt's childhood?
6. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
7. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
8. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
9. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
10. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)