|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years had Franklin D. Roosevelt been President of the United States at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Roosevelt ask Americans to buy prior to his fireside chat of February 23, 1942?
(c) War bonds
3. What military equipment did the Germans have that far exceeded the Allies?
(b) Machine guns
4. Who did Roosevelt denounce for joining forces with Germany?
5. Who is Harry Hopkins?
(a) Franklin's valet
(b) Franklin's political advisor
(c) Franklin's best friend
(d) Franklin's tailor
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Roosevelt call the war in Europe in a speech in May of 1941?
2. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
3. What college did Roosevelt attend after boarding school?
4. How many Allied troops escaped to England in the "miracle of Dunkirk?"
5. What did Roosevelt call for in his State of the Union address in January of 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
2. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
3. Explain "The Arcadia Conference."
4. What is one perspective of historians regarding the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
5. What was the evolution of the relationship between Eleanor and Lorena?
6. What is Eleanor's heritage?
7. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
8. Who were the principal companions of Franklin and Eleanor during this period?
9. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
10. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)