|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roosevelt call the war in Europe in a speech in May of 1941?
(a) Nobility in Action
(b) Our Finest Hour
(c) The War to End All Wars
(d) A war for World Domination
2. At what age did Roosevelt leave for boarding school?
3. Who is Harry Hopkins?
(a) Franklin's best friend
(b) Franklin's political advisor
(c) Franklin's tailor
(d) Franklin's valet
4. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
(a) She left Roosevelt's employment
(b) She published her memoirs
(c) She got married
(d) She had a stroke
5. Who does Franklin make a trip to see in Warm Springs, Georgia?
(a) Missy LeHand
(b) His uncle
(c) The governor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. Ambassador to England in 1941?
2. Who arrives at the White House in December of 1941 and stays nearly a month?
3. Who did Roosevelt denounce for joining forces with Germany?
4. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
5. For how many years had Franklin D. Roosevelt been President of the United States at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Eleanor's childhood?
2. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
3. What was the nature of Eleanor's relationship with her children?
4. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
5. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
6. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
7. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
8. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
9. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
10. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)