|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the first U.S. troops go to Britain in World War II?
(a) January, 1942
(b) February, 1943
(c) January, 1941
(d) December, 1941
2. What was the British government requesting of the United States in the Summer of 1940?
(a) Naval destroyers
(b) Help in peace negotiations
3. At what age did Roosevelt leave for boarding school?
4. What does Churchill write to Roosevelt in November of 1940?
(a) The King had died
(b) The British navy was larger than ever
(c) The British army was going to surrender
(d) The British government needed money
5. What were Germany, Italy and Japan referred to during the war?
(a) The Axis of Evil
(b) Axis Powers
(c) Really Bad Guys
(d) Triumvirate of Evil
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marvina Thompson?
2. What city did the Germans capture on June 14, 1940?
3. In what area were the Germans ahead of the Allies?
4. Which pilot led a daring raid on Japan?
5. How old was Eleanor when her mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
2. What is notable about Roosevelt and Churchill's first meeting?
3. Explain Roosevelt's difficult position about entering the war.
4. What did Roosevelt do first in order to prepare for potential war?
5. Who was Lorena Hickok?
6. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
7. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
8. How did Roosevelt help the American people understand what was going on in the war?
9. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
10. What were the political implications of Roosevelt's running for a third term as president?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)