|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Allied troops escape to England?
(b) Extended marches
(d) On any type of boat available
2. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
(a) Separate for awhile
(b) Stop having affairs
(c) Divorce her
(d) Go to counseling
3. With whom was Roosevelt a confident related to the war in Europe?
4. What did Lorene provide to Eleanor?
(a) Advice on raising the children
(b) Important books and documentaries
(c) Recipes for White House dinners
(d) Advice and confidence
5. Who was Roosevelt's opponent in the presidential race in 1940?
(a) William Howard Taft
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower
(c) Wendell Wilkie
(d) Herbert Hoover
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom do the Roosevelts spend Christmas of 1941?
2. How much younger is Missy than Franklin?
3. What type of childhood did Eleanor have?
4. Who was the U.S. Ambassador to England in 1941?
5. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was James Doolittle?
2. What is notable about Roosevelt and Churchill's first meeting?
3. Explain the challenges and circumstances facing Roosevelt in the matter of reinstating a military draft in 1940.
4. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
5. What was a fireside chat?
6. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
7. What is one perspective of historians regarding the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
8. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
9. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
10. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's position on war?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)