|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to change the nature of Eleanor and Franklin's marriage?
(a) He had an affair with her social secretary
(b) He never remembered their anniversary
(c) She fell in love with another man
(d) Franklin's mother broke up the marriage
2. What military equipment did the Germans have that far exceeded the Allies?
(b) Machine guns
3. What is the problem occurring on American soil in May of 1940?
(a) The Great Depression is in its tenth year
(b) The labor unions are all threatening to strike
(c) Yankee Stadium is closed for repairs
(d) The railroad system is failing
4. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
(a) His son is ill
(b) Hitler has attacked five European countries
(c) His wife wants a divorce
(d) His mother is coming for a visit
5. What unpopular law did Roosevelt need to reinstate during the Summer of 1940?
(a) Civil Rights
(b) A war budget
(c) A military draft
(d) More income taxes
Short Answer Questions
1. In what public issue does Eleanor find herself immersed in September of 1940?
2. In addition to Civil Rights, Eleanor also worked for _________________________.
3. What is Roosevelt's position regarding the war in Europe in May of 1940?
4. How many Allied troops escaped to England in the "miracle of Dunkirk?"
5. Which pilot led a daring raid on Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the roots of the Lend-Lease Program proposed by Roosevelt.
2. Who was Missy LeHand?
3. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
4. Explain the evolution of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage.
5. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
6. Who was James Doolittle?
7. What was the role of Roosevelt's mother in his marriage and family life?
8. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
9. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
10. Who was Lorena Hickok?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)