|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roosevelt and Churchill unite on during this period?
(a) The assassination of Mussolini
(b) The assassination of Hitler
(c) Development of an atomic bomb
(d) A new draft effort
2. When did the first U.S. troops go to Britain in World War II?
(a) December, 1941
(b) January, 1942
(c) January, 1941
(d) February, 1943
3. With what disease is Franklin stricken?
4. This chapter focuses on Franklin's ______________________________.
(a) Trips to Warm Springs
(b) Diagnosis of polio
(c) Yachting trips
(d) Nomination for a third term as President
5. In what type of household was Roosevelt raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eleanor when her father died?
2. Who was Joseph Lash?
3. For what has Eleanor Roosevelt just received an award?
4. What is the name of the cottage built for Eleanor on the Hyde Park estate?
5. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
2. What was the nature of Eleanor's childhood?
3. What was the state of Franklin and Eleanor's marriage in 1940?
4. What were the political implications of Roosevelt's running for a third term as president?
5. What did Roosevelt do first in order to prepare for potential war?
6. What was the evolution of the relationship between Eleanor and Lorena?
7. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
8. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
9. What is notable about Roosevelt and Churchill's first meeting?
10. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)