|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Franklin D. Roosevelt at the beginning of the book?
2. For what has Eleanor Roosevelt just received an award?
(a) Promoting Civil Rights and abolishing poverty
(b) Hospital fundraising
(c) Promoting women's rights
(d) Promoting the arts
3. Which important Roosevelt family member dies at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Sara Roosevelt
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Elliott Roosevelt
4. Which public figured denounced the Lend-Lease aid?
(a) Charles Lindbergh
(b) John Wayne
(c) Gloria Swanson
(d) Amelia Earhart
5. In what incident did Eleanor get involved in Virginia?
(a) The Mount Vernon Ladies Society
(b) A tobacco embargo
(c) The execution of a black sharecropper
(d) The preservation of Monticello
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of his presidential campaign of 1940, what did Roosevelt do?
2. What did Roosevelt do on May 26, 1940, for which he will be remembered?
3. What was Eleanor's position on war?
4. Who was Lorene Hickok?
5. What role does Eleanor take on after Franklin's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did Roosevelt face on American soil at this time?
2. What was the nature of Eleanor's childhood?
3. What is the difficult position in which Roosevelt finds himself as Europe continues to be ravaged by Germany?
4. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
5. Name Roosevelt's "Four Essential Freedoms" as outlined in a State of the Union address.
6. Explain "The Arcadia Conference."
7. What were the political implications of Roosevelt's running for a third term as president?
8. What was the nature of Roosevelt's childhood?
9. Who was James Doolittle?
10. What is notable about Roosevelt and Churchill's first meeting?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)