|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Franklin D. Roosevelt at the beginning of the book?
2. What demeanor was Roosevelt encouraged to develop as a child?
3. In addition to Civil Rights, Eleanor also worked for _________________________.
(a) College professors
(b) European refugees
(c) Single mothers
(d) Factory workers
4. Why did Eleanor want to travel to Europe in 1940?
(a) Tour vineyards in France
(b) Paint in Italy
(c) Visit relatives in England
(d) Work with the Red Cross
5. With whom does Franklin continue to spend weekends and afternoons?
(a) Princess Martha
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Missy LeHand
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the first U.S. troops go to Britain in World War II?
2. What did Roosevelt call for in his State of the Union address in January of 1942?
3. Where did Roosevelt vacation with his family in June of 1940?
4. In Roosevelt's January 1941 State of the Union address, he names ____________________________.
5. How was Eleanor's marriage to Franklin in the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "the miracle of Dunkirk?"
2. What is one perspective of historians regarding the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
3. What happened in the aftermath of Sara Roosevelt's death in September 1941?
4. Explain the rationing of goods in America during World War II.
5. What is Eleanor's heritage?
6. Explain Eleanor Roosevelt's position and activities related to race relations in the United States in 1940.
7. What is important about the date of May 9, 1940, in the life of Franklin Roosevelt?
8. What was the evolution of the relationship between Eleanor and Lorena?
9. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
10. Who were the principal companions of Franklin and Eleanor during this period?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)