|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into the White House permanently to serve as Roosevelt's hostess and secretary?
(a) Lucy Mercer
(b) Anna Roosevelt
(c) Missy LeHand
(d) Lorena Hickok
2. Who did Eleanor support for both his runs for the presidency?
(a) Alfred Dewey
(b) Adlai Stevenson
(c) Harry Truman
(d) Dwight Eisenhower
3. Which one of the Roosevelt children did Eleanor visit while in England?
4. Where did Eleanor stay when she visited England in October of 1942?
(a) The Queen of England
(b) The Churchills
(c) The Ritz Carlton
(d) The Blairs
5. In what year did Lucy Mercer die?
6. What topic became of supreme interest for Eleanor?
(a) Equal treatment for Negro servicemen
(b) Funding for hair salons
(c) Energy conservation
(d) Grants for agricultural businesses
7. Who arranges and pays for a portrait of Roosevelt?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Lucy Mercer
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Missy LeHand
8. To whom does Eleanor give a tour of the White House?
(a) Bess and Margaret Truman
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Harry and Bess Truman
(d) Bess Truman
9. What is Roosevelt's destination for a two-week visit on March 24, 1945?
(b) Hyde Park
(c) Warm Springs, Georgia
10. For what cause does Eleanor continue to fight on the home front?
(a) League of Women Voters
(b) The Red Cross
(c) Budget minded dinners
(d) Civil Rights
11. To whom did Lucy Mercer send a sympathy letter after Franklin's death?
(a) John Roosevelt
(b) Elizabeth Roosevelt
(c) Elliott Roosevelt
(d) Anna Roosevelt
12. What major military event occurs on June 6, 1944?
(a) The end of the war
(b) The capture of Hitler
(c) The execution of Mussolini
13. Who was Roosevelt's Republican opponent in the presidential election of 1944?
(a) George Patton
(b) Thomas Dewey
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
14. Who was Fala?
(a) Roosevelt's dog
(b) Roosevelt's nickname for Churchill
(c) Roosevelt's pet name for Eleanor
(d) Lucy Mercer's dog
15. What wedding anniversary do Franklin and Eleanor celebrate in 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Roosevelt under an assumed name?
2. Who was with Roosevelt on his two-week vacation?
3. What did Winston Churchill become after World War II?
4. What was the Swan Island Day Care Center?
5. What debate becomes important in November of 1944?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)