|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Eleanor give a tour of the White House?
(a) Harry and Bess Truman
(b) Bess and Margaret Truman
(c) Margaret Truman
(d) Bess Truman
2. What does Roosevelt agree to for the fourth time in 1944?
(a) Get a complete physical
(b) Have his portrait painted
(c) Run for president
(d) Visit Warm Springs, Georgia
3. What did Eleanor realize other women could give Franklin that she could not?
(a) Emotional support
(b) Intellectual debate
(d) Sexual attention
4. To whom does Franklin speak about his desire to have the companionship of his wife again?
(a) Anna Roosevelt
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) Sara Roosevelt
(d) Elliott Roosevelt
5. By the end of 1942, how many Jews were estimated to have been killed by the Germans?
(a) 30 thousand
(b) 3 thousand
(c) 3 million
(d) 30 million
6. Who monitored Roosevelt's increasing periods of ill health?
(a) Lucy Mercer
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) Anna Roosevelt
(d) Lorena Hickok
7. What is noteworthy about the new defense plants?
(a) The technology
(b) The massive production
(c) The pristine facilities
(d) The large number of women employed
8. What topic became of supreme interest for Eleanor?
(a) Grants for agricultural businesses
(b) Energy conservation
(c) Funding for hair salons
(d) Equal treatment for Negro servicemen
9. To whom did Lucy Mercer send a sympathy letter after Franklin's death?
(a) Elizabeth Roosevelt
(b) Anna Roosevelt
(c) Elliott Roosevelt
(d) John Roosevelt
10. Where does Eleanor travel to visit with U.S. soldiers?
(c) North Africa
(d) The South Pacific
11. What strikes Eleanor upon her return trip?
12. In what condition is the White House when the Trumans move in?
(a) Pristine and gleaming
(b) Dirty and rundown
(c) Practically vacant
(d) A little shoddy
13. What bill does Roosevelt sign into law in June of 1944?
(a) The Social Security Bill
(b) The GI Bill
(c) The Civil Rights Bill
(d) The Anti Defamation Bill
14. What major military event occurs on June 6, 1944?
(a) The end of the war
(b) The capture of Hitler
(d) The execution of Mussolini
15. What debate becomes important in November of 1944?
(a) Gay and Lesbian rights
(b) Civil Rights
(c) Childcare rights
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eleanor support for both his runs for the presidency?
2. With what disease is Roosevelt diagnosed?
3. Who was Fala?
4. For what do hundreds of thousands Allied soldiers prepare in the spring of 1944?
5. In what year did Lucy Mercer die?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)