|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Franklin and Eleanor planning?
(a) An anniversary party
(b) Their retirement
(c) A trip to London
(d) A family reunion
2. What debate becomes important in November of 1944?
(a) Childcare rights
(b) Civil Rights
(c) Gay and Lesbian rights
3. What condition did another doctor find when examining Roosevelt?
(a) Stomach cancer
(b) Kidney stones
(c) Lung failure
(d) Failing eyesight
4. To whom does Eleanor give a tour of the White House?
(a) Bess Truman
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Harry and Bess Truman
(d) Bess and Margaret Truman
5. What major event takes place in November of 1943?
(a) The death of Chiang Kai-shek
(b) The end of World War II
(c) The Teheran Conference
(d) The founding of the United Nations
6. What did Roosevelt try to arrange before the Congressional election in 1942?
(a) His bid for reelection
(b) The resignation of the Secretary of War
(c) The declaration of war on Germany
(d) The invasion of North Africa
7. Which one of the Roosevelt children did Eleanor visit while in England?
8. For what does Eleanor lobby in the summer and fall of 1944?
(a) Child care initiatives
(b) Women's employment rights
(c) Education of minorities
(d) Family planning
9. What subject did not garner much interest among Americans?
(a) The murder of Jewish people in Germany
(b) The FDIC
(c) Japanese art and culture
(d) The war effort in North Africa
10. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill hold secret talks in January of 1943?
(c) The White House
(d) Blair House
11. What does Roosevelt take over under emergency war powers?
12. What is Roosevelt's destination for a two-week visit on March 24, 1945?
(a) Warm Springs, Georgia
(d) Hyde Park
13. What was the Swan Island Day Care Center?
(a) Missy LeHand's place of employment after she left the White House
(b) The first school tunrned into a military barracks
(c) Where the Roosevelt children went
(d) A model for day care centers in America during the war
14. What new platform replaces the "New Deal?"
(a) The Best Deal
(b) Win the War
(c) Win, Lose or Draw
(d) No Deal
15. Where do Franklin and Eleanor meet with the Churchills in August of 1944?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges and pays for a portrait of Roosevelt?
2. What does Eleanor visit on the Gila River in Arizona?
3. In September of 1942 Franklin and Eleanor take a two-week trip to _______________________________.
4. What prevents Franklin and Eleanor from living as husband and wife?
5. What torments Eleanor at the beginning of Chapter 22?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)