|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Eleanor side during this pre-war period?
(a) The Republicans
(b) Big business
(c) The New Dealers
(d) The Libertarians
2. Up until this time, how many terms could a president serve?
3. What was Roosevelt's opponent's position on a military draft?
(a) He favored it
(b) He favored it with limitations
(c) He opposed it
(d) He had no opinion on it
4. What is put into place and will impact the citizens of America?
(a) The delay of television signals
(c) Fewer automobiles produced
(d) Lower crop production
5. In addition to Civil Rights, Eleanor also worked for _________________________.
(a) European refugees
(b) College professors
(c) Factory workers
(d) Single mothers
6. What city did the Germans capture on June 14, 1940?
7. What role does Eleanor take on after Franklin's illness?
(c) Legal counselor
(d) Business partner
8. How was Eleanor's marriage to Franklin in the beginning?
(c) A mistake
9. Where was the New York City apartment maintained by Eleanor Roosevelt?
(b) Greenwich Village
10. Who is Missy LeHand?
(a) Franklin's personal secretary
(b) Eleanor's best friend
(c) The Roosevelt children's nanny
(d) Franklin's speechwriter
11. What does Churchill write to Roosevelt in November of 1940?
(a) The British government needed money
(b) The British army was going to surrender
(c) The King had died
(d) The British navy was larger than ever
12. In what type of household was Roosevelt raised?
13. As part of his presidential campaign of 1940, what did Roosevelt do?
(a) Increased the number of fireside chats
(b) Visited defense plants
(c) Toured the Southern states
(d) Dismissed Missy LeHand
14. What did Roosevelt consider important during the pre-war period?
(a) Developing the United Nations
(b) A working relationship between government and business
(c) Negotiating peace in Europe
(d) Creating more jobs
15. At what major company did fights break out over unions?
(a) General Motors Company
(b) Ford Motor Company
(c) General Electric
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of her children did Eleanor become closest?
2. How old was Eleanor when her father died?
3. How did Roosevelt help businesses prepare for war?
4. What did Roosevelt call the war in Europe in a speech in May of 1941?
5. How much younger is Missy than Franklin?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)