|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did average Americans collect to help the war effort?
(b) Scrap metal
2. What type of childhood did Eleanor have?
3. With whom do the Roosevelts spend Christmas of 1941?
(a) The Churchills
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) Missy LeHand
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
4. Which public figured denounced the Lend-Lease aid?
(a) Gloria Swanson
(b) John Wayne
(c) Charles Lindbergh
(d) Amelia Earhart
5. For what does Roosevelt ask Congress?
(a) Increased draft measures
(b) A wartime budget approval
(c) 50,000 airplanes
(d) A declaration of war
6. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
(a) Stop having affairs
(b) Separate for awhile
(c) Go to counseling
(d) Divorce her
7. Who was Roosevelt's opponent in the presidential race in 1940?
(a) William Howard Taft
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower
(c) Herbert Hoover
(d) Wendell Wilkie
8. What happened to Missy LeHand in June of 1941?
(a) She left Roosevelt's employment
(b) She got married
(c) She had a stroke
(d) She published her memoirs
9. What military equipment did the Germans have that far exceeded the Allies?
(a) Machine guns
10. How did the Allied troops escape to England?
(a) Extended marches
(d) On any type of boat available
11. For what has Eleanor Roosevelt just received an award?
(a) Hospital fundraising
(b) Promoting women's rights
(c) Promoting Civil Rights and abolishing poverty
(d) Promoting the arts
12. At what major company did fights break out over unions?
(a) General Electric
(b) General Motors Company
(d) Ford Motor Company
13. Who is Marvina Thompson?
(a) Eleanor's childhood friend
(b) Eleanor's best friend
(c) Eleanor's personal secretary
(d) Eleanor's speechwriter
14. Which important Roosevelt family member dies at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Sara Roosevelt
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Elliott Roosevelt
15. What did Roosevelt call for in his State of the Union address in January of 1942?
(a) Massive military production
(b) Gifts for the troops
(c) A renewed draft effort
(d) Peace talks with Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lorene provide to Eleanor?
2. What happens within one week of the event of December 7, 1941?
3. With whom does Franklin continue to spend weekends and afternoons?
4. With whom was Roosevelt a confident related to the war in Europe?
5. As part of his presidential campaign of 1940, what did Roosevelt do?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)