|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem occurring on American soil in May of 1940?
(a) The railroad system is failing
(b) The labor unions are all threatening to strike
(c) Yankee Stadium is closed for repairs
(d) The Great Depression is in its tenth year
2. How did Roosevelt help businesses prepare for war?
(a) They could amortize capital expenses
(b) They received huge tax cuts
(c) They received stimulus loans
(d) They could defer tax payments for one year
3. For how many years had Franklin D. Roosevelt been President of the United States at the beginning of the book?
4. With whom was Eleanor allowed to visit on this trip?
(a) Joseph Lash
(b) General Patton
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) General Eisenhower
5. Where did Roosevelt vacation with his family in June of 1940?
(d) Hyde Park
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Roosevelt call for in his State of the Union address in January of 1942?
2. When did the first U.S. troops go to Britain in World War II?
3. At what major company did fights break out over unions?
4. Which important Roosevelt family member dies at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Which one of the Roosevelt children did Eleanor visit while in England?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)