|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roosevelt call for in his State of the Union address in January of 1942?
(a) Peace talks with Japan
(b) A renewed draft effort
(c) Massive military production
(d) Gifts for the troops
2. What did Franklin refuse to do in the marriage?
(a) Go to counseling
(b) Divorce her
(c) Separate for awhile
(d) Stop having affairs
3. In what area were the Germans ahead of the Allies?
(d) Social services
4. Where did Franklin seek the healing of water for his polio?
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah
(b) Warm Springs, Georgia
(c) Portland, Maine
(d) Sarasota, Florida
5. Why are American Catholics opposed to helping the answer to #82 defend itself against Germany?
(a) They thought Italy should be protected first
(b) There were too many atheists in the country
(c) They opposed war of any kind
(d) They opposed Communism
Short Answer Questions
1. What unpopular law did Roosevelt need to reinstate during the Summer of 1940?
2. What was the Swan Island Day Care Center?
3. What does Roosevelt take over under emergency war powers?
4. What was Eleanor's position on war?
5. What did average Americans collect to help the war effort?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)