|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the first U.S. troops go to Britain in World War II?
(a) January, 1942
(b) February, 1943
(c) December, 1941
(d) January, 1941
2. What role does Eleanor take on after Franklin's illness?
(b) Legal counselor
(d) Business partner
3. Who arrives at the White House in December of 1941 and stays nearly a month?
(a) Tony Blair
(b) Joseph Stalin
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Benito Mussolini
4. Which one of the Roosevelt children takes over the running of a Seattle newspaper?
5. Who was Lorene Hickok?
(a) Eleanor's social secretary
(b) The Roosevelt children's governess
(c) A newswoman and close friend of Eleanor's
(d) Franklin's personal secretary
Short Answer Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the new defense plants?
2. Who is Marvina Thompson?
3. Who visited Roosevelt under an assumed name?
4. In what area does the issue of racial discrimination emerge?
5. What military equipment did the Germans have that far exceeded the Allies?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)