|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin seek the healing of water for his polio?
(a) Portland, Maine
(b) Sarasota, Florida
(c) Warm Springs, Georgia
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah
2. What is Roosevelt's position regarding the war in Europe in May of 1940?
(a) He wants to remain neutral
(b) He wants to help the Allies but knows it will not be a popular decision
(c) He will not get involved under any circumstances
(d) He has ordered the deployment of troops
3. With whom did Eleanor side during this pre-war period?
(a) The Libertarians
(b) The New Dealers
(c) Big business
(d) The Republicans
4. Who is Missy LeHand?
(a) Eleanor's best friend
(b) Franklin's personal secretary
(c) Franklin's speechwriter
(d) The Roosevelt children's nanny
5. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
(a) His son is ill
(b) His mother is coming for a visit
(c) Hitler has attacked five European countries
(d) His wife wants a divorce
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Eleanor take on after Franklin's illness?
2. Which Americans favor U.S. involvement in the war in Europe?
3. Where did Roosevelt vacation with his family in June of 1940?
4. In what area were the Germans ahead of the Allies?
5. With whom was Roosevelt a confident related to the war in Europe?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)