|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Allied troops escape to England?
(b) On any type of boat available
(d) Extended marches
2. What news does Roosevelt learn on May 9, 1940?
(a) His mother is coming for a visit
(b) Hitler has attacked five European countries
(c) His wife wants a divorce
(d) His son is ill
3. What is the problem occurring on American soil in May of 1940?
(a) The Great Depression is in its tenth year
(b) The labor unions are all threatening to strike
(c) Yankee Stadium is closed for repairs
(d) The railroad system is failing
4. What did Roosevelt do on May 26, 1940, for which he will be remembered?
(a) Got an artificial leg
(b) Delivered a fireside chat
(c) Met with Winston Churchill
(d) Declared war on Germany
5. What happened to change the nature of Eleanor and Franklin's marriage?
(a) Franklin's mother broke up the marriage
(b) He had an affair with her social secretary
(c) He never remembered their anniversary
(d) She fell in love with another man
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Eleanor's relation to Theodore Roosevelt?
2. In what city did Eleanor grow up?
3. Which Americans favor U.S. involvement in the war in Europe?
4. For what has Eleanor Roosevelt just received an award?
5. With whom was Roosevelt a confident related to the war in Europe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)