|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area were the Germans ahead of the Allies?
(a) Social services
2. What college did Roosevelt attend after boarding school?
(a) Yale University
(b) Columbia University
(c) Harvard University
(d) Duke University
3. Where did Franklin seek the healing of water for his polio?
(a) Warm Springs, Georgia
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah
(c) Sarasota, Florida
(d) Portland, Maine
4. Roosevelt had to decide whether to give military aid to the British or ________________________________.
(a) Stay out of the war completely
(b) Build up America's military
(c) Side with Germany
(d) Let Britain fight its own battles
5. Who was Missy LeHand?
(a) Mrs. Roosevelt's maid
(b) Eleanor's college friend
(c) Franklin's secretary
(d) The children's nanny
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Allied troops escaped to England in the "miracle of Dunkirk?"
2. What public figure makes a case for isolationism in conflict with Roosevelt's position?
3. Who was Roosevelt's opponent in the presidential race in 1940?
4. In what type of household was Roosevelt raised?
5. What is the problem occurring on American soil in May of 1940?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)