|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roosevelt call the war in Europe in a speech in May of 1941?
(a) Our Finest Hour
(b) The War to End All Wars
(c) Nobility in Action
(d) A war for World Domination
2. What staple item is added to the ration list by Thanksgiving of 1942?
(c) sweet potatoes
3. What did Roosevelt try to arrange before the Congressional election in 1942?
(a) His bid for reelection
(b) The declaration of war on Germany
(c) The resignation of the Secretary of War
(d) The invasion of North Africa
4. At what age did Roosevelt leave for boarding school?
5. By the end of 1942, how many Jews were estimated to have been killed by the Germans?
(a) 30 million
(b) 30 thousand
(c) 3 thousand
(d) 3 million
Short Answer Questions
1. What became prevalent in America in 1941?
2. Roosevelt had to decide whether to give military aid to the British or ________________________________.
3. Who did Roosevelt denounce for joining forces with Germany?
4. In what type of household was Roosevelt raised?
5. What did Roosevelt ask Americans to buy prior to his fireside chat of February 23, 1942?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)