• Hitler's armies attack countries in Europe.
• Franklin Roosevelt must decide what role the United States will play in any war.
• Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister of England.
• Eleanor Roosevelt travels America extensively to report accounts of life to her husband.
• Franklin and Eleanor surround themselves with other friends and confidantes.
• By the spring of 1940, Roosevelt knows America would sooner or later be involved in the war in Europe.
• The Great Depression is ebbing after ten years and people are tired of the New Deal.
• Roosevelt calls for massive arms production including 50,000 airplanes a year.
• Roosevelt delivers his first "fireside chat" on May 26, 1940, to develop a connection with the American people.
• Roosevelt must decide whether to help the British or rearm the United States.
• The "miracle of Dunkirk" allows 340,000 British troops to escape from Germany.
• Franklin had been a happy only child of a privileged New...
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)