|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Ichiro do for the Christian Rehabilitation Center?
2. What does Ichiro tell Mr. Morrison, the man in charge of the Christian Rehabilitation Center?
3. Where does Kenji's father live?
4. Where is Ichiro's father when Ichiro gets home from returning Kenji's car?
5. What does Ichiro tell the Japanese boy waiting on him at the cafe?
Essay Topic 1
What would you have done if you had to chose between going to prison, fighting in a war you didn't believe in, or going to a relocation camp? Would your decision change if you didn't have any family? What sorts of things would you consider while making your decision?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Ichiro's mother never wanted to introduce American customs to her family? Why was she adamant about maintaining only Japanese traditions in the household? How does her attitude toward America contribute to her unwillingness to believe Japan has lost the war?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use alcohol and drinking throughout the book? How does it make the characters look and behave?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)