|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tommy and Ichiro go to church together?
2. Who gets a drink for Bull as he sits slumped up against a trash can to recover?
3. When is Ichiro going to start his new job in Portland?
4. What old friend does Ichiro see again at his mother's funeral?
5. What does Ichiro learn about his mother after her death?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Ichiro's mother never wanted to introduce American customs to her family? Why was she adamant about maintaining only Japanese traditions in the household? How does her attitude toward America contribute to her unwillingness to believe Japan has lost the war?
Essay Topic 2
What does Emi represent to Ichiro? Is she a positive or negative influence on him? Please support your answer with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the reasons why Ichiro did not sign up to fight against Japan. Give examples and reasons for his decision. Explain whether Ichiro believes he made the right decision.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)