|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ito do to Ichiro after he decides not to have a drink with Ito?
(a) Spit on his hand.
(b) Call him names.
(c) Give him his phone number.
(d) Walk him home.
2. What revelation does Ichiro have on the bus about fighting in the war?
(a) He realizes he made the right decision by going to prison.
(b) He realizes he was in prison for too long.
(c) He realizes he is against the war.
(d) He realizes he should have fought for his country.
3. What was the nickname of the small community where the book takes place?
(a) Army Town.
(b) Fish Town.
(c) Jap Town.
(d) Pike's Peak.
4. What makes Kenji's car special?
(a) It has been equipped with a special motor to make it faster.
(b) It has special decals to let everyone know he is a war veteran.
(c) It has special seats to make it more comfortable.
(d) It is equipped with special hand controls for a handicapped person who has lost a leg.
5. Where is Ichiro's brother, Taro, going to school?
(a) Trade school.
(b) High school.
(c) Grade school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a conscientious objector?
2. What might Portland represent to Ichiro?
3. Who invites Ichiro into Freddie's apartment?
4. What does the letter that Ichiro's mom have say about a ship?
5. Soldiers are returning from what war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ichiro call Taro a fool?
2. Why does Bull first ignore, and then make fun of Ichiro?
3. Why does Ichiro get so upset with his mother in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Emi and why is she so important to Ichiro?
5. What is a conscientious objector?
6. Describe Kenji's father's house.
7. What makes the priest at the funeral stand out?
8. Why does Kenji walk with a cane?
9. Where has Freddie been before he recently returned home five weeks ago?
10. Why is Ichiro's brother, Taro, so anxious about enlisting in the U.S. military?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)