|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business do Ichiro's parents own?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A knitting store.
(c) A pet store.
(d) A grocery store.
2. Which country does Ichiro's mother think won the war?
(b) The United States.
3. Which family lives in an apartment that is a mile-and-a-half away from Ichiro's family?
(a) The Kenji family.
(b) The Shinju family.
(c) The Asida family.
(d) The Kumasakas family.
4. Why are Kenji and Ichiro becoming better friends?
(a) They both don't like Japan.
(b) They both don't like Taro.
(c) They each have deep problems that they do not share, but can relate to.
(d) They both want to go to Portland.
5. What happened to Bob Kumasakas?
(a) He is away at college.
(b) He is still in the U.S. Army.
(c) He was killed by a German sniper.
(d) He is at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times have they amputated Kenji's leg?
2. Who does Ichiro call a fool for wanting to enlist in the U.S. Army?
3. What does Kenji need to walk?
4. What are "Relocation Camps"?
5. What country was Ichiro born in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ichiro call Taro a fool?
2. Why does Ichiro refuse to fight in the war?
3. Explain why "good" Japanese-Americans were allowed to fight in the U.S. military against Japan?
4. Why do characters like Ichiro and Freddie feel guilt?
5. What is one of the biggest reasons why Ichiro thinks he should have fought for the U.S. military?
6. Why is Ichiro searching for acceptance in the very country in which he was born?
7. Why was the bombing at Pearl Harbor such a dramatic event in U.S. military history?
8. How is Freddie spending his time and why?
9. Why does Bull first ignore, and then make fun of Ichiro?
10. Why does Ichiro have to apologize to his father after Ichiro fought with his mother?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)