|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many inches of Kenji's injured leg remains?
(a) 1 inch.
(b) 111 inches.
(c) He doesn't have anything left of one leg.
(d) 11 inches.
2. What does Ito do to Ichiro after he decides not to have a drink with Ito?
(a) Give him his phone number.
(b) Call him names.
(c) Walk him home.
(d) Spit on his hand.
3. What does the letter to Ichiro's mother talk about?
(a) How happy they are because Japan really won the war.
(b) How bleak life in Japan is now that the war is over.
(c) How they miss Ichiro's family and want them to move back to Japan.
(d) How great life in Japan is now that the war is over.
4. What might Portland represent to Kenji?
(a) A chance to make new friends.
(b) A place to find a job.
(c) A chance to ease his physical pain.
(d) A chance to drive his new car.
5. How much money does Ichiro's father give him when he tells Ichiro to go visit Freddie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the negroes in the pool hall tell Ichiro to do?
2. Ichiro is imprisoned for two years because:
3. What instrument does Ichiro play?
4. How can Ichiro relate to Kenji's pain?
5. Why does Taro want to join the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chinatown.
2. Why does Ichiro get so upset with his mother in Chapter 1?
3. Describe Ichiro's family and their attitude toward each other.
4. Who is Emi and why is she so important to Ichiro?
5. Why does Ichiro call Taro a fool?
6. Why does Ichiro argue with his mother again in Chapter 5?
7. Why does Kenji walk with a cane?
8. What is one of the biggest reasons why Ichiro thinks he should have fought for the U.S. military?
9. How is Freddie spending his time and why?
10. Describe "relocation camps" used in the United States during World War II.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)