|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichiro's reaction when Kenji mentions he has considered suicide?
(a) Ichiro wasn't paying attention.
(b) Ichiro walks away.
(c) Ichiro is suprised.
(d) Ichiro thinks Kenji is not being honest.
2. What does Ichiro have to show for going to prison?
(a) A job.
(b) A college degree.
(c) Lots of friends.
3. What happened to Bob Kumasakas?
(a) He is still in the U.S. Army.
(b) He is at work.
(c) He was killed by a German sniper.
(d) He is away at college.
4. What part of the United States were most Japanese people rounded up and placed into Relocation Camps?
(b) East Coast.
(c) West Coast.
5. What was the nickname of the small community where the book takes place?
(a) Fish Town.
(b) Pike's Peak.
(c) Jap Town.
(d) Army Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Emi's husband, Ralph?
2. Where is Ichiro's brother, Taro, going to school?
3. What does Ichiro's mother think Japan will look like when they return?
4. How long was Ito in the U.S. Army?
5. Why does Freddie like the woman across the hall so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bull first ignore, and then make fun of Ichiro?
2. Why does Kenji walk with a cane?
3. Why does Professor Brown dismiss Ichiro from his office at school?
4. How long have Ichiro's parents been in the United States and do they plan on returning to Japan?
5. What is a "no-no" boy?
6. Who yells at Ichiro as he walks past the pool hall in the beginning of the novel and why?
7. Why was the bombing at Pearl Harbor such a dramatic event in U.S. military history?
8. Why does Ichiro have to apologize to his father after Ichiro fought with his mother?
9. Why does Ichiro call Taro a fool?
10. What is a conscientious objector?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)