|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ichiro think he is a real American?
(a) He is not caucasian and his parents look like the WWII enemy.
(b) He doesn't eat apple pie.
(c) He doesn't know the Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) He doesn't vote.
2. What was Ichiro studying in college before he went to prison?
(b) Art History.
3. Who is portrayed as a coward with great hatred for Ichiro in Chapter 4?
4. Ichiro's family can best be described as:
(a) Angry and sad.
(b) Difficult and complicated.
(c) Loving and happy.
(d) Funny and jovial.
5. What does Kenji need to walk?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A knee brace.
(c) A cane.
(d) Someone to lean on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Freddie afraid of being caught in the affair with the married woman?
2. Why is Ichiro mad at his mother when they argue for the first time?
3. Ichiro and his family go to visit other families when he returns home. How do they know these families?
4. Why are Kenji and Ichiro becoming better friends?
5. Where did Kenji and Ichiro go to find illegal gambling halls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Ichiro outside of Club Oriental?
2. Why does Ichiro refuse to have a drink with Ito as he walks to his parents' house for the first time in the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Ichiro call his mother crazy in Chapter 2?
4. Who is Emi and why is she so important to Ichiro?
5. Why does Bull first ignore, and then make fun of Ichiro?
6. How does Ichiro's father get him to leave the house after Ichiro fought with his mother?
7. Why does Ichiro get so upset with his mother in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Ichiro have to apologize to his father after Ichiro fought with his mother?
9. What is a "no-no" boy?
10. Describe Chinatown.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)