|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Freddie been living recently when Ichiro visits his apartment for the first time?
(a) He was in the army.
(b) He was living in Japan.
(c) He was away at college.
(d) He was in prison.
2. Why did Kenji receive the car for free?
(a) His parents gave it to him.
(b) It wasn't free, he bought it.
(c) He won it in a raffle.
(d) Uncle Sam gave it to him for being a good hospital patient.
3. Where is Emi's husband, Ralph?
(a) He's in the army.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is away for a business trip.
(d) He's hiding with his brother in Japan.
4. What are "Relocation Camps"?
(a) A place where families spent summer vacations.
(b) Detention centers for people who were thought to possibly pose a threat to national security.
(c) A place to sign up for the U.S. Army.
(d) A place to help people move from one house to another.
5. Describe the character "Bull":
(a) A loud Chinese man.
(b) A large, well-dressed Japanese man.
(c) A small and frail Japanese man.
(d) A Caucasian business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ichiro call a fool for wanting to enlist in the U.S. Army?
2. What was Ichiro studying in college before he went to prison?
3. What is the Club Oriental?
4. Why does Freddie like the woman across the hall so much?
5. Where is Ichiro's brother, Taro, going to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kenji walk with a cane?
2. What is a conscientious objector?
3. Why does Ichiro go to the Christian Rehabilitation Center?
4. Who is Emi and why is she so important to Ichiro?
5. Who sends the letter to Ichiro's mother and what does it say?
6. Describe "relocation camps" used in the United States during World War II.
7. Why does Ichiro call his mother crazy in Chapter 2?
8. How is Freddie spending his time and why?
9. Describe Chinatown.
10. Why does Ichiro's father feel a sense of relief following Ichiro's mother's death?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)