|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family lives in an apartment that is a mile-and-a-half away from Ichiro's family?
(a) The Kumasakas family.
(b) The Asida family.
(c) The Kenji family.
(d) The Shinju family.
2. What makes Ichiro realize he is a true American citizen?
(a) He has never been to Japan.
(b) He was born in the United States.
(c) He speaks fluent English.
(d) He has attended school in the United States.
3. Who invites Ichiro into Freddie's apartment?
(a) No one, Ichiro goes home.
(d) The married woman Freddie is having an affair with.
4. What country was Ichiro born in?
(a) The United States of America.
5. Ichiro is imprisoned for two years because:
(a) He got in a fight with his boss.
(b) He was caught speeding in a stolen car.
(c) He refused to enlist in the U.S. Army.
(d) He refused to go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Emi's husband, Ralph?
2. What does the letter to Ichiro's mother talk about?
3. How did Ito get out of the U.S. Army?
4. What happened to Bob Kumasakas?
5. What does Ichiro call his mother when they argue after Ichiro's family visits the neighbors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Freddie spending his time and why?
2. Why does Ichiro argue with his mother again in Chapter 5?
3. Describe Chinatown.
4. Why do characters like Ichiro and Freddie feel guilt?
5. What is a conscientious objector?
6. Why is Ichiro's brother, Taro, so anxious about enlisting in the U.S. military?
7. What is a "no-no" boy?
8. Why does Ichiro call his mother crazy in Chapter 2?
9. What did Ichiro's parents want to do before moving back to Japan?
10. Why does Bull first ignore, and then make fun of Ichiro?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)