|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ichiro?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 28 years old.
2. What part of the United States were most Japanese people rounded up and placed into Relocation Camps?
(b) East Coast.
(c) West Coast.
3. Who reads the letter sent to Ichiro's mother?
(d) Ichiro's father.
4. What is Ichiro's father begging Taro to do while he plays solitaire?
(a) Stay in school.
(b) Move to Japan.
(c) Enlist in the army.
(d) Help his mom with dinner.
5. Where did Kenji and Ichiro go to find illegal gambling halls?
(b) Pike's Peak.
6. What does Ichiro call his mother when they argue after Ichiro's family visits the neighbors?
7. Who invites Ichiro into Freddie's apartment?
(c) The married woman Freddie is having an affair with.
(d) No one, Ichiro goes home.
8. Why does Kenji want to go to Portland?
(a) To find Emi's husband.
(b) To sign up for classes at the college.
(c) To visit family he has not seen in many years.
(d) To visit the V.A. Hospital because his leg hurts.
9. What kind of business do Ichiro's parents own?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A knitting store.
(d) A pet store.
10. What does the letter to Ichiro's mother talk about?
(a) How bleak life in Japan is now that the war is over.
(b) How happy they are because Japan really won the war.
(c) How they miss Ichiro's family and want them to move back to Japan.
(d) How great life in Japan is now that the war is over.
11. After December 7, 1941 many Americans felt this way about Japanese people.
(a) Afraid and fearful.
(b) They didn't even know there were Japanese people living in the U.S.
(c) Happiness and joy.
12. What does Kenji need to walk?
(a) A knee brace.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A cane.
(d) Someone to lean on.
13. What does Taro want to do right after he is done with school?
(a) Enlist in the U.S. Army.
(b) Take over the family business.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Join the Boy Scouts.
14. How much money does Ichiro's father give him when he tells Ichiro to go visit Freddie?
15. What makes Ichiro realize he is a true American citizen?
(a) He has attended school in the United States.
(b) He speaks fluent English.
(c) He has never been to Japan.
(d) He was born in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ichiro mad at his mother when they argue for the first time?
2. How many inches of Kenji's injured leg remains?
3. How does Ichiro travel around town?
4. Why was Ichiro dismissed from the professor's office?
5. What medal was Kenji awarded?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)