|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter to Ichiro's mother talk about?
(a) How bleak life in Japan is now that the war is over.
(b) How great life in Japan is now that the war is over.
(c) How they miss Ichiro's family and want them to move back to Japan.
(d) How happy they are because Japan really won the war.
2. What is a "No-No" boy?
(a) A boy who constantly shakes his head.
(b) A Japanese-American who refused to go to war against the Japanese in WWII.
(c) A boy who never says "Yes."
(d) A boy who doesn't like his parents.
3. What does Freddie want Ichiro to do with him at after the funeral?
(a) Go with him to see Emi.
(b) Go out with him for some fun.
(c) Go to the library to check out books.
(d) Go with him to enlist in the army.
4. Why does Ichiro demand to leave the first house his family visits together?
(a) He is digusted that people still think Japan has not lost the war.
(b) He doesn't believe Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by nuclear bombs.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is tired.
5. What does Ichiro learn from Kenji's father?
(a) Kenji got a job at an engineering firm.
(b) Kenji died at 3 p.m. that afternoon.
(c) Kenji is moving back to Seattle.
(d) Kenji is going to die soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ichiro searching for when he returns home?
2. What is Ichiro's father begging Taro to do while he plays solitaire?
3. Why doesn't Bull like Ichiro?
4. Kenji drinks quickly while his father:
5. What does the idea of finding work represent for Ichiro?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)