|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taro want to join the army?
(a) To make his parents angry.
(b) To learn how to shoot a rifle.
(c) To move away from home.
(d) To ease the shame felt by the family when Ichiro refused to serve.
2. Who sent a letter to Ichiro's mother?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
3. How many blocks does Ichiro's mother walk to get bread?
4. Why does Freddie like the woman across the hall so much?
(a) She accepts him for who he really is.
(b) She is tall and skinny.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She is teaching him how to speak Chinese.
5. Ichiro and his family go to visit other families when he returns home. How do they know these families?
(a) They work together.
(b) They play on the same softball team.
(c) They were all from the same village in Japan.
(d) They all have kids who went to the same school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Club Oriental?
2. What medal was Kenji awarded?
3. Ichiro's family can best be described as:
4. Where does Ichiro decide he wants to go with Emi?
5. Why is Ichiro so angry before he leaves for Portland?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)