|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "No-No" boy?
(a) A boy who doesn't like his parents.
(b) A boy who constantly shakes his head.
(c) A Japanese-American who refused to go to war against the Japanese in WWII.
(d) A boy who never says "Yes."
2. What was Ichiro studying in college before he went to prison?
(d) Art History.
3. Where does Kenji go before picking up Ichiro at the grocery store?
(a) Emi's house.
(b) Club Oriental.
(c) The park.
(d) The train station.
4. The mood of the book after the preface is:
5. How many inches of Kenji's injured leg remains?
(a) He doesn't have anything left of one leg.
(b) 111 inches.
(c) 1 inch.
(d) 11 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Kenji and Ichiro becoming better friends?
2. How does the Japanese boy's mother greet Ichiro when serving his ham and eggs?
3. Who does Kenji blame for the problems he has had since going into the army?
4. What is Emi's advice to Ichiro?
5. How did Ito get out of the U.S. Army?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)