|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent a letter to Ichiro's mother?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her father.
2. Why is Ichiro mad at his mother when they argue for the first time?
(a) Because she calls him a true Japanese and that he will always be Japanese.
(b) Because she won't let him go to the movies.
(c) Because she thinks the U.S. won the war.
(d) Because she thinks the war is not yet over.
3. Which family lives in an apartment that is a mile-and-a-half away from Ichiro's family?
(a) The Shinju family.
(b) The Kumasakas family.
(c) The Asida family.
(d) The Kenji family.
4. How did Ito get out of the U.S. Army?
(a) He was too old.
(b) He was kicked out for bad behavior.
(c) He got out on a medical leave.
(d) He was not a good soldier.
5. What medal was Kenji awarded?
(a) A medal for good behavior.
(b) A medal for fighting overseas.
(c) A medal for heroism.
(d) A commendation medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kenji and Ichiro go to find illegal gambling halls?
2. Where has Freddie been living recently when Ichiro visits his apartment for the first time?
3. After December 7, 1941 many Americans felt this way about Japanese people.
4. Who invites Ichiro into Freddie's apartment?
5. The mood of the book after the preface is:
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)