|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent a letter to Ichiro's mother?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why isn't Freddie afraid of being caught in the affair with the married woman?
(a) He is moving soon.
(b) She is planning on getting divorced.
(c) He doesn't care if he's caught.
(d) He is a strong fighter.
3. How can Ichiro relate to Kenji's pain?
(a) They both have headaches.
(b) They both suffer leg pain.
(c) Kenji feels he has two years before his body is rotten; Ichiro feels he lost his own life two years ago in prison.
(d) They have both considered suicide.
4. Who does Ichiro call a fool for wanting to enlist in the U.S. Army?
5. Describe the character "Bull":
(a) A small and frail Japanese man.
(b) A loud Chinese man.
(c) A large, well-dressed Japanese man.
(d) A Caucasian business owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Freddie and Ichiro looking for to make them feel more at peace with themselves as they try to adjust to life back home?
2. Who does Ichiro visit on campus after taking a bus ride to the school?
3. What commotion at the door at Club Oriental distracts Kenji as he is sitting down to relax?
4. What is Ichiro's father begging Taro to do while he plays solitaire?
5. The lieutenant who volunteered for for the army instead of going to a relocation camp talked to a naive soldier from which U.S. state?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)