|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has contributed to the tough times in Japan?
(a) Nuclear attacks on two cities by the U.S.
(b) Not enough kids are in school.
(c) People are moving to the U.S.
(d) There aren't enough jobs.
2. Why does Ichiro jump out of the limousine while he and his father are waiting?
(a) He thinks the funeral is going by too quickly.
(b) He thinks the funeral is taking too long.
(c) He wants his brother to ride in the limousine instead.
(d) He thinks the entire ceremony is a waste of time.
3. Ichiro believes that his father is neither a husband, a father, Japanese, NOR:
(a) A good fisherman.
(c) A good business owner.
(d) A good role model.
4. Where does Kenji's father live?
(a) In a rented house on top of a hill.
(b) In an apartment in the middle of town.
(c) In a house he owns.
(d) In a cottage by a river.
5. Ichiro and his family go to visit other families when he returns home. How do they know these families?
(a) They were all from the same village in Japan.
(b) They all have kids who went to the same school.
(c) They play on the same softball team.
(d) They work together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the funeral and Ichiro's mother's life have in common?
2. Why are Kenji and Ichiro becoming better friends?
3. How many times have they amputated Kenji's leg?
4. Most Japanese on the West Coast had three options: go to jail, enlist in the draft, or enter:
5. What kind of car does Kenji drive?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)