|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mood of the book after the preface is:
2. Why is Ichiro mad at his mother when they argue for the first time?
(a) Because she calls him a true Japanese and that he will always be Japanese.
(b) Because she thinks the war is not yet over.
(c) Because she thinks the U.S. won the war.
(d) Because she won't let him go to the movies.
3. The book takes place in what U.S. city?
(a) Spokane, Washington.
(b) Sacramento, California.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
4. Who does Kenji blame for the problems he has had since going into the army?
(a) The U.S. government.
(c) His siblings.
(d) His father.
5. Who sent a letter to Ichiro's mother?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the isolated farmhouse?
2. What are "Relocation Camps"?
3. What new items does Kenji's father have in the house when Ichiro visits for the first time?
4. What kind of business do Ichiro's parents own?
5. Why is Ichiro's father drinking so much the day Ichiro returns from Portland?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)