|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What commotion at the door at Club Oriental distracts Kenji as he is sitting down to relax?
(a) A Japanese boy and two blacks have been rudely asked to leave.
(b) Japanese girls were being kicked out of the club.
(c) There was a fire in the doorway.
(d) The bartenders were fighting.
2. Why is Ichiro's father drinking so much the day Ichiro returns from Portland?
(a) He is deeply depressed.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He wants to have fun.
(d) He is trying to go to sleep.
3. What medal was Kenji awarded?
(a) A medal for heroism.
(b) A medal for good behavior.
(c) A commendation medal.
(d) A medal for fighting overseas.
4. Why do Freddie and Ichiro feel guilty?
(a) They have not registered to vote.
(b) They have turned their backs on Japan, but have not supported America either.
(c) They have been mean to their parents.
(d) They have not been to college.
5. Ichiro and his family go to visit other families when he returns home. How do they know these families?
(a) They were all from the same village in Japan.
(b) They play on the same softball team.
(c) They work together.
(d) They all have kids who went to the same school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ichiro's father take the death of his wife so calmly?
2. After a great family meal together, what do Kenji and his family watch on television?
3. Why is Ichiro upset with the people who show up at his mother's funeral?
4. What do the young boys surrounding Ichiro start to do to him outside of the gambling hall?
5. The book takes place in what U.S. city?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)