|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What former juvenile prisoner continued gang-banging even after being blinded by bullets in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. What was the nickname of Sherry Gold’s client that had been caught as a getaway driver in a drive-by shooting in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Shy Boy.
(c) Big Boy.
3. Where was Ronald Duncan sentenced to in Part 3, Chapter 13?
4. Who is described in Part 3, Chapter 15 as coming from a good home but stabbed a gas station worker while he was high on primo?
(a) Mitch Williams.
(b) Gil Garcetti.
(c) Peter Garcia.
(d) Mark Lancaster.
5. Whose case was Sister Janet trying to reopen in Part 4, Chapter 18, according to the author?
(a) Johnathan Ramirez’s.
(b) Elias Elizondo’s.
(c) Eduardo Diaz's.
(d) Michael Jeans's.
6. In Part 3, Chapter 14, the DA went after what judge (aside from Judge Dorn)?
(a) Judge Jefferson Williams.
(b) Judge Sherill Luke.
(c) Judge Paul Skawinski.
(d) Judge William Jefferson.
7. Elias was sent to CYA but disobeyed orders so that he would be sent to jail and would be able to kill whom, according to the author in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) The father who beat him.
(b) The man who murdered his grandmother.
(c) The man who shot his friend.
(d) The uncle that molested him.
8. Where did Geri Vance hope to be sent so that he could get a college degree while in lock-up in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Rancho Jose.
(c) Long beath.
9. What male social worker helped Carla James by showing her the lives of those who came out of the facility in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Jenkins.
(b) Mr. Paul.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Mr. Shabazz.
10. Who asked a legally improper question when Ronald Duncan was on the witness stand in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) James Cooper.
(b) Martin Francis.
(c) Michael Moore.
(d) Billy Joseph.
11. What is the title of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) “Nine Days to Manhood.”
(b) “The Ins.”
(c) “The Outs.”
(d) “The Big Fix.”
12. Who was George Trevino’s lawyer that the author approached in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) John Edwards.
(b) Stephan Jones.
(c) William O'Donnell.
(d) Mark Donaldson.
13. What is the name of the mentally handicapped and mildly autistic boy who was sexually molested in Part 3, Chapter 14?
14. At what age was Geri Vance described as a pretty conscienceless and chilling kid in Part 3, Chapter 16?
15. The boy who was apprehended in association with a series of some of the most brutal murders in LA County claimed that his family was where when the crimes were
(c) San Diego.
(d) Rancho Cordova.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Los Angeles Riots break out?
2. What is the name of the mentally handicapped girl that Andre helped in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. The author asserts in Part 3, Chapter 16 that over how many kids are arrested every year in the United States?
4. Who refused to recall his sentence for George Trevino in Part 4, Chapter 18?
5. What caused Chuck and Ada’s family to become much less happy with Peggy Beckstrand’s work on the Ronald Duncan trial in Part 3, Chapter 13?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)