|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s boss who spoke with Judge Dorn in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. Andre is described as a gang kid who was reformed by helping a mentally handicapped kid at what school in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) The Juniper School.
(b) The Manzanita School.
(c) The Rosewood School.
(d) The Ross School.
3. When did the Los Angeles Riots break out?
4. What witness took the stand in the Ronal Duncan case in Part 3, Chapter 13?
5. Humes complains in Part 3, Chapter 15 that the juvenile justice system combines procedural excess with what?
(a) Excessive punishment.
(b) Lifelong friendships.
(c) Unearned rewards.
(d) A lack of consequences.
6. According to Ronald Duncan’s defense, who was responsible for the murder in Part 3, Chapter 13?
7. In overreaction to hearing one of her parolees was shot, who did Sharon Stegall have locked up in Part 2, Chapter 11?
8. What branch of the LA Juvenile Court is described as different and less scary in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) The Thurgood Marshall Branch.
(b) The El Gigante Branch.
(c) The Rosa Parks Branch.
(d) The Los Padrinos Branch.
9. Where did Geri Vance hope to be sent so that he could get a college degree while in lock-up in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Long beath.
(c) Rancho Jose.
(d) San Diego.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 14, the DA’s office went after a judge in Pasadena, temporarily bringing down LA County Juvenile Hall’s capacity by how much?
11. Sister Janet pleaded against the mother of what victim in order to have Elias tried as a juvenile in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Geri Vance.
(b) College Mansbridge.
(c) Rita Gonzales.
(d) Elias Elizondo.
12. According to the author in Part 3, Chapter 16, when kids are arrested for violent crimes they what percentage chance of paying serious consequences?
13. What was the nickname of the new kid in the author’s writing class in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Small Head.
(b) Big Risky.
(c) Fat Albert.
(d) Little Criminal.
14. Who was the head of the Public Defender’s office described in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) Sarah Smith.
(b) Mark Lessem.
(c) Shiela Weathers.
(d) Mitch Birnbaum.
15. Gil Garcetti served as Los Angeles County’s District Attorney during what years?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gang members were estimated on the streets of Los Angeles County in 1982, according to the author in Part 4, Chapter 18?
2. Sharon Stegall’s parolee was shot by the members of what gang in Part 2, Chapter 11?
3. Who graduated from probation camp with honors after 8 months and was attending Los Angeles City College in Part 4, Chapter 18?
4. What was Sharon Stegall doing career-wise in Part 4, Chapter 18, according to the author?
5. What is the title of Part 2, Chapter 9?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)