|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What girl did Luis Santos say was always on his mind as he faced going to County in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 3, due to the protections of the Juvenile court, Ronald Duncan would be released by what age?
3. What is the name of the boy who testified against his father for molestation in Peggy Beckstrand’s memories of a prior case in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What was the name of the boy that testified that Ronald Duncan confessed to the crime in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Under what alias was Carla James living when she was found by police patrols in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Geri Vance.
(b) Sylvia Mercado.
(c) Sarah Rogers.
(d) Michelle Williams.
6. Charles Scarlett is described as one of LA’s top attorneys focusing on what issues in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Gay rights.
(b) Immigration rights.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Civil rights.
7. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s main witness against Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
8. How old was Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. The estimated street gang force in Los Angeles was estimated at how many in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. The courtroom described in Part 1, Chapter 1, is what branch of the Lost Angeles Superior Court?
(a) Rosa Parks Branch.
(b) George Washington Branch.
(c) Frederick Douglass Branch.
(d) Thurgood Marshall Branch.
11. Ronald Duncan was charged with committing double murder with what weapon?
(a) A handgun.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A shotgun.
12. Where does Geri Vance hide his ongoing autobiography so that it won’t be confiscated at night, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) Behind the toilet.
(c) In the windowsill.
(d) Under his rug.
13. On what date did the Northridge earthquake (or LA Quake) occur?
(a) October 8, 1980.
(b) January 17, 1994.
(c) March 25, 1989.
(d) July 1, 1975.
14. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1, violent offenses by juveniles had risen how much in the past 5 years?
15. At the terminus of what street does the narrator describe a guard shack overlooking Central lockup’s drive-in entrance in “Intake”?
(a) Alcazar Street.
(b) Atlas Street.
(c) Alpine Street.
(d) Alcatraz Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the attorney representing Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What did Ronald Duncan’s lawyer claim about his taped confession in the trial?
4. How old was Luis Santos at the time of his arrest, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. Who was the new intake case charged with murder associated with a botched robbery in “Intake”?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)