|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
(a) Petty offenses.
(b) Status offenses.
(c) Minor offenses.
(d) Child offenses.
2. Geri Vance states in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter4, that his parents’ main income was from selling what?
3. Carla James was sentenced to spend how much time at Camp Resnick for theft and assault charges, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. According to the author in Part 2, Chapter 12, Judge Dorn was seen by most as being what?
(b) Dangerously harsh.
(c) A wildcard.
(d) Completely consistent.
5. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s main witness against Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elias was sent to CYA but disobeyed orders so that he would be sent to jail and would be able to kill whom, according to the author in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. What does “ACLU” stand for?
3. At what age was Geri Vance described as a pretty conscienceless and chilling kid in Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. What was John Sloan’s father’s profession?
5. How many of the seven children in the juvenile justice system that the author worked with were saved by the system, according to Humes in Part 4, Chapter 18?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)