|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 3, due to the protections of the Juvenile court, Ronald Duncan would be released by what age?
2. Who was the attorney representing Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Jason Gueringer.
(b) Stephan Mowers.
(c) Marshall Johnson.
(d) Roger Moore.
3. What title did Peggy Beckstrand hold in 1994, according to the narrative in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Editor for the LA Times.
(b) Defense Attorney.
(c) Deputy District Attorney.
(d) LA County Sheriff.
4. What was the name of the boy that testified that Ronald Duncan confessed to the crime in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s boss who spoke with Judge Dorn in Part 2, Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the judge order regarding the confession tape in the Ronald Duncan case?
2. Where is the Los Angeles Superior Court, Juvenile Court Division located?
3. By what percentage did juvenile murder rates rise from the 1970s to 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What image caused Peggy Beckstrand to break down in tears in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. What male social worker helped Carla James by showing her the lives of those who came out of the facility in Part 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)