|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Los Angeles Riots broke out in reaction to what publicized incident?
(a) The Rodney King beating.
(b) The Dodgers winning the World Series.
(c) The Bill Clinton sex scandal.
(d) The start of the Iraq War.
2. What image caused Peggy Beckstrand to break down in tears in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) A homeless man dying on the steps of the courthouse.
(b) An old lady stealing coffee from a store.
(c) A young mother seeing her son killed on the street.
(d) A prostitute being beaten by an overzealous cop.
3. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the new arrivals were taken where at Central lockup when they arrived?
(a) The West Wing.
(b) The Old Wing.
(c) The New Wing.
(d) The North Wing.
4. What Section of the California Penal Code defines premeditated murder?
(a) Section 242.
(b) Section 187.
(c) Section 112.
(d) Section 45.
5. What does the narrator in “Intake” describe as “both status symbols and necessary tools of the trade in this information age”?
(b) Cell phones.
(d) GPS units.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sister Janet pleaded against the mother of what victim in order to have Elias tried as a juvenile in Part 2, Chapter 10?
2. Judge Roosevelt Dorn opened his courtroom punctually at what time each day, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. What title did Peggy Beckstrand hold in 1994, according to the narrative in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. The victims of the murder that Ronald Duncan was tried for owned what franchise?
5. What girl did Luis Santos say was always on his mind as he faced going to County in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)