|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1, violent offenses by juveniles had risen how much in the past 5 years?
2. The billboard overlooking the street to the Central lockup facility is described by the narrator in “Intake” as showcasing a man wearing what?
(a) A crown.
(d) A leather jacket.
3. George Trevino is described by the author as a foster kid or what, in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) A “200 kid.”
(b) A “100 kid.”
(c) A “300 kid.”
(d) A “500 kid.”
4. Who was the new intake case charged with murder associated with a botched robbery in “Intake”?
(a) George Trevino.
(b) Roy Sukoda.
(c) Geri Vance.
(d) Peggy Beckstrand.
5. Carla James was “jumped in” with what street gang, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Tepa 13.
(b) Venice 13.
(c) Hoover Crips.
(d) Inglewood Crips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Camp Resnick located?
2. The author relates that Luis Santos had been a gang member since what age in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Ronald Duncan is described as just having come in on what bus in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What famously televised court case were the students in the writing class watching in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Ronald Duncan was charged with double murder for killing whom, according to the narrator in “Intake”?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)