|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the new arrivals were taken where at Central lockup when they arrived?
(a) The North Wing.
(b) The West Wing.
(c) The New Wing.
(d) The Old Wing.
2. What is the title of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) “The Big Fix.”
(b) “The Ins.”
(d) “Nine Days to Manhood.”
3. How old was the newly appointed Judge Roosevelt Dorn in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. Ronald Duncan was charged with committing double murder with what weapon?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A handgun.
5. What judge is described by the author in Part 1, Chapter 2 as having seen “potential” in Carla James, and thus gave her a lesser sentence for theft and assault?
(a) Judge Stegall.
(b) Judge Dorn.
(c) Judge Sloan.
(d) Judge Polinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the elderly nun that attended to the kids housed in Central Juvenile Hall?
2. How many active cases does the author describe within the Los Angeles County juvenile court system in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What element of an adult courtroom is missing in the juvenile court system?
4. What was John Sloan’s father’s profession?
5. How old was Carla James when her father died?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)