|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lockup facility is called the “closest thing to an orphanage in Los Angeles” in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Jacoby Hall.
(b) Rogers Hall.
(c) MacLaren Hall.
(d) Williams Hall.
2. What famous court case determined that a juvenile must be afforded due process rights, specifically that a waiver of jurisdiction from a juvenile court to a district court must be voluntary and knowing?
(a) Kraus v. Riverside County.
(b) Kent v. United States.
(c) Kramer v. California.
(d) Kermit v. Los Angeles County.
3. What were the names of the people that Ronald Duncan was accused of murdering?
(a) Jane and Paul Wilson.
(b) Elizabeth and Robert Williams.
(c) Chuck and Adelina Rusitanonta.
(d) George and Sarah Ross.
4. What was John Sloan charged with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(b) Negligent homicide.
(d) Armed robbery.
5. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the new arrivals were taken where at Central lockup when they arrived?
(a) The Old Wing.
(b) The New Wing.
(c) The North Wing.
(d) The West Wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronald Duncan is described as just having come in on what bus in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Ronald Duncan was charged with committing double murder with what weapon?
3. What girl did Luis Santos say was always on his mind as he faced going to County in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. What is the title of Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Ronald Duncan’s crime was committed how long before he would have been able to be tried as an adult?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)