|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carla James was sentenced to spend how much time at Camp Resnick for theft and assault charges, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. George Trevino is described by the author as a foster kid or what, in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) A “300 kid.”
(b) A “200 kid.”
(c) A “100 kid.”
(d) A “500 kid.”
3. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
(a) Child offenses.
(b) Status offenses.
(c) Petty offenses.
(d) Minor offenses.
4. The author relates that Luis Santos had been a gang member since what age in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What element of an adult courtroom is missing in the juvenile court system?
(b) A jury.
(d) A judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lockup facility is called the “closest thing to an orphanage in Los Angeles” in Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. Where did Peggy Beckstrand go to pick up her star witness in the Ronald Duncan case in Part 1, Chapter 8?
3. Where did John Sloan’s grandparents immigrate to America from?
4. Ronald Duncan is described as just having come in on what bus in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What image caused Peggy Beckstrand to break down in tears in Part 1, Chapter 8?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)