|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Camp Resnick located?
(a) Lancaster, California.
(b) Anaheim, California.
(c) Santa Cruz, California.
(d) Fullerton, California.
2. Geri Vance states in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter4, that his parents’ main income was from selling what?
3. At what time did the author describe leaving Juvenile Hall after the writing class in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
4. According to the evidence presented in Part 1, Chapter 5, John Sloan met what friend outside the department store where he worked on the day of the crime?
5. The courtroom described in Part 1, Chapter 1, is what branch of the Lost Angeles Superior Court?
(a) Thurgood Marshall Branch.
(b) Frederick Douglass Branch.
(c) Rosa Parks Branch.
(d) George Washington Branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What judge is described by the author in Part 1, Chapter 2 as having seen “potential” in Carla James, and thus gave her a lesser sentence for theft and assault?
2. What does the narrator in “Intake” describe as “both status symbols and necessary tools of the trade in this information age”?
3. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Who is described as wielding “as a kind of pretrial judge, jury, and jailer rolled into one” in “Intake”?
5. What was John Sloan charged with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)