|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Luis Santos at the time of his arrest, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Where did John Sloan’s grandparents immigrate to America from?
3. How many kids does the narrator claim are warehoused at Central Juvenile Hall in “Intake”?
4. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1, violent offenses by juveniles had risen how much in the past 5 years?
5. How old was Ronald Duncan when he allegedly committed double homicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Luis Santos taken when he was taken from Juvenile Hall in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 3, due to the protections of the Juvenile court, Ronald Duncan would be released by what age?
3. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 5, Luis Santos was sent to prison for how many years for his crime?
4. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What judge is described by the author in Part 1, Chapter 2 as having seen “potential” in Carla James, and thus gave her a lesser sentence for theft and assault?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)