|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ronald Duncan was charged with committing double murder with what weapon?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A handgun.
(d) A hammer.
2. What was John Sloan charged with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(c) Armed robbery.
(d) Negligent homicide.
3. The courtroom described in Part 1, Chapter 1, is what branch of the Lost Angeles Superior Court?
(a) George Washington Branch.
(b) Frederick Douglass Branch.
(c) Rosa Parks Branch.
(d) Thurgood Marshall Branch.
4. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Edward Humes.
(b) Sharon Stegall.
(c) Elias Elizondo.
(d) Geri Vance.
5. How old was Ronald Duncan when he allegedly committed double homicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the elderly nun that attended to the kids housed in Central Juvenile Hall?
2. What judge is described by the author in Part 1, Chapter 2 as having seen “potential” in Carla James, and thus gave her a lesser sentence for theft and assault?
3. How old was the schoolgirl that was caught with gang tattoos and distributing fliers for a party in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 3, due to the protections of the Juvenile court, Ronald Duncan would be released by what age?
5. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the Central lockup facility was “ancient by Los Angeles standards,” meaning that it had been standing since before what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)