|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as wielding “as a kind of pretrial judge, jury, and jailer rolled into one” in “Intake”?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The head psychologist.
(c) The Warden.
(d) The Intake Officer.
2. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the Central lockup facility was “ancient by Los Angeles standards,” meaning that it had been standing since before what?
(b) The Spanish American War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. What famously televised court case were the students in the writing class watching in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) The Casey Anthony murder case.
(b) The Willie Nelson marijuana possession case.
(c) The Jerry Sandusky child molestation case.
(d) The O.J. Simpson murder case.
4. What is the name of the boy who testified against his father for molestation in Peggy Beckstrand’s memories of a prior case in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Who was the new intake case charged with murder associated with a botched robbery in “Intake”?
(a) George Trevino.
(b) Roy Sukoda.
(c) Geri Vance.
(d) Peggy Beckstrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Elias’s poem from “Intake,” he described turning a Walkman’s motor into what?
2. Carla James was “jumped in” with what street gang, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. Judge Dorn worked his way through law school working as what, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. Judge Roosevelt Dorn opened his courtroom punctually at what time each day, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)