|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Geri Vance hide his ongoing autobiography so that it won’t be confiscated at night, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) In the windowsill.
(b) Under his rug.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) Behind the toilet.
2. What is the title of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) “The Big Fix.”
(b) “Nine Days to Manhood.”
(d) “The Ins.”
3. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Sharon Stegall.
(b) Elias Elizondo.
(c) Geri Vance.
(d) Edward Humes.
4. The billboard overlooking the street to the Central lockup facility is described by the narrator in “Intake” as showcasing a man wearing what?
(a) A crown.
(b) A leather jacket.
5. What does “ACLU” stand for?
(a) American Corporate Law Union.
(b) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(c) Architecture and Construction Law Union.
(d) American Criminal Law Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
2. The courtroom described in Part 1, Chapter 1, is what branch of the Lost Angeles Superior Court?
3. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2, Carla James began lying to her parents at what age?
4. How old was the newly appointed Judge Roosevelt Dorn in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. How many juvenile courthouses served Los Angeles County in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)