|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the schoolgirl that was caught with gang tattoos and distributing fliers for a party in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Ronald Duncan was charged with double murder for killing whom, according to the narrator in “Intake”?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) His father and brother.
(c) His brother and sister.
(d) His employers.
3. Who was the new intake case charged with murder associated with a botched robbery in “Intake”?
(a) Peggy Beckstrand.
(b) Geri Vance.
(c) George Trevino.
(d) Roy Sukoda.
4. Carla James was “jumped in” with what street gang, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Inglewood Crips.
(b) Venice 13.
(c) Hoover Crips.
(d) Tepa 13.
5. The murder case described by the narrator in “Intake” involved a botched robbery at what location?
(a) A freeway motel.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A check-cashing terminal.
(d) A liquor store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Camp Resnick located?
2. In Elias’s poem from “Intake,” he described turning a Walkman’s motor into what?
3. Where is the Los Angeles Superior Court, Juvenile Court Division located?
4. The billboard overlooking the street to the Central lockup facility is described by the narrator in “Intake” as showcasing a man wearing what?
5. By what percentage did juvenile murder rates rise from the 1970s to 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)