|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids does the narrator claim are warehoused at Central Juvenile Hall in “Intake”?
2. The Prologue of the book gives a setting of Gila County, Arizona, on what date?
(a) June 8, 1964.
(b) June 9, 1945.
(c) April 2, 1985.
(d) December 16, 1980.
3. What was the name of Carla James’s parole officer in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Elias Elizondo.
(b) Geri Vance.
(c) Sharon Stegall.
(d) Edward Humes.
4. Carla James was “jumped in” with what street gang, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Hoover Crips.
(b) Tepa 13.
(c) Venice 13.
(d) Inglewood Crips.
5. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
(a) Petty offenses.
(b) Minor offenses.
(c) Child offenses.
(d) Status offenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the schoolgirl that was caught with gang tattoos and distributing fliers for a party in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Where is Camp Resnick located?
3. The estimated street gang force in Los Angeles was estimated at how many in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2, Carla James began lying to her parents at what age?
5. On what night of the week did the author lead a writing class at Central Juvenile Hall?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)