|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids does the narrator claim are warehoused at Central Juvenile Hall in “Intake”?
2. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2, Carla James began lying to her parents at what age?
3. The billboard overlooking the street to the Central lockup facility is described by the narrator in “Intake” as showcasing a man wearing what?
(b) A crown.
(c) A leather jacket.
4. The estimated street gang force in Los Angeles was estimated at how many in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. Ronald Duncan was charged with double murder for killing whom, according to the narrator in “Intake”?
(a) His brother and sister.
(b) His employers.
(c) His father and brother.
(d) His mother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as wielding “as a kind of pretrial judge, jury, and jailer rolled into one” in “Intake”?
2. The murder case described by the narrator in “Intake” involved a botched robbery at what location?
3. By what percentage did juvenile murder rates rise from the 1970s to 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What does “ACLU” stand for?
5. On what night of the week did the author lead a writing class at Central Juvenile Hall?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)