|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1, violent offenses by juveniles had risen how much in the past 5 years?
2. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2, Carla James began lying to her parents at what age?
3. The Prologue of the book gives a setting of Gila County, Arizona, on what date?
(a) June 8, 1964.
(b) April 2, 1985.
(c) December 16, 1980.
(d) June 9, 1945.
4. Where is Camp Resnick located?
(a) Lancaster, California.
(b) Fullerton, California.
(c) Santa Cruz, California.
(d) Anaheim, California.
5. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
(a) Petty offenses.
(b) Status offenses.
(c) Child offenses.
(d) Minor offenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the terminus of what street does the narrator describe a guard shack overlooking Central lockup’s drive-in entrance in “Intake”?
2. Who is described as wielding “as a kind of pretrial judge, jury, and jailer rolled into one” in “Intake”?
3. The billboard overlooking the street to the Central lockup facility is described by the narrator in “Intake” as showcasing a man wearing what?
4. What title did Peggy Beckstrand hold in 1994, according to the narrative in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. How many juvenile courthouses served Los Angeles County in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)