|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The courtroom described in Part 1, Chapter 1, is what branch of the Lost Angeles Superior Court?
(a) Thurgood Marshall Branch.
(b) George Washington Branch.
(c) Rosa Parks Branch.
(d) Frederick Douglass Branch.
2. How many juvenile courthouses served Los Angeles County in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What does “ACLU” stand for?
(a) American Corporate Law Union.
(b) American Criminal Law Union.
(c) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(d) Architecture and Construction Law Union.
4. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the new arrivals were taken where at Central lockup when they arrived?
(a) The West Wing.
(b) The New Wing.
(c) The North Wing.
(d) The Old Wing.
5. What does HRO stand for in the narrative?
(a) Hostile Risk Operation.
(b) Honored Response Officer.
(c) High Risk Offender.
(d) Humane Response Officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the newly appointed Judge Roosevelt Dorn in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. By what percentage did juvenile murder rates rise from the 1970s to 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. The estimated street gang force in Los Angeles was estimated at how many in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. At the terminus of what street does the narrator describe a guard shack overlooking Central lockup’s drive-in entrance in “Intake”?
5. How many kids does the narrator claim are warehoused at Central Juvenile Hall in “Intake”?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)