|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 15 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author asserts in Part 3, Chapter 16 that over how many kids are arrested every year in the United States?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 1.2 million.
2. What is the title of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(b) “The Ins.”
(c) “The Big Fix.”
(d) “Nine Days to Manhood.”
3. By what nickname did Rodrigo Becessar go by in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. In overreaction to hearing one of her parolees was shot, who did Sharon Stegall have locked up in Part 2, Chapter 11?
5. The author relates that Luis Santos had been a gang member since what age in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Part 2, Chapter 10, who was the Democratic candidate for California Governor?
2. What does “ACLU” stand for?
3. When the author talked to Carla James in Part 1, Chapter 7, she claimed that drive-by’s weren’t murder for what reason?
4. When asked what her reform ideas were for the juvenile justice system, Peggy Beckstrand responded with doing what to the fitness age in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. Andre is described as a gang kid who was reformed by helping a mentally handicapped kid at what school in Part 2, Chapter 9?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)