|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 15 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s main witness against Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. Where did the author describe Peggy Beckstrand keeping the crime scene photos from the Ronald Duncan trial in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Her living room table.
(b) Her bedroom wall.
(c) Her jewelry box.
(d) Her desk drawer.
3. Where was Ronald Duncan sentenced to in Part 3, Chapter 13?
4. The murder case described by the narrator in “Intake” involved a botched robbery at what location?
(a) A check-cashing terminal.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A freeway motel.
5. The courtroom described in Part 1, Chapter 1, is what branch of the Lost Angeles Superior Court?
(a) George Washington Branch.
(b) Rosa Parks Branch.
(c) Frederick Douglass Branch.
(d) Thurgood Marshall Branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Peggy Beckstrand decide to grant immunity in the Ronald Duncan case?
2. Charles Scarlett is described as one of LA’s top attorneys focusing on what issues in Part 1, Chapter 8?
3. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 5, Luis Santos was sent to prison for how many years for his crime?
4. What term refers to the imposition of military rule over designated areas on an emergency basis?
5. Sharon Stegall’s parolee was shot by the members of what gang in Part 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)