|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 15 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does HRO stand for in the narrative?
(a) Humane Response Officer.
(b) High Risk Offender.
(c) Hostile Risk Operation.
(d) Honored Response Officer.
2. Sister Janet is described as writing what in order to help the boys in Juvenile in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Sheet music.
(b) Screen plays.
(d) Short stories.
3. Who challenged the testimony of the prosecution’s key witness in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Bobby Williams.
(b) Michael Kennedy.
(c) James Cooper.
(d) Peter James.
4. What is the title of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) “The Big Fix.”
(c) “The Ins.”
(d) “Nine Days to Manhood.”
5. On what date did the Northridge earthquake (or LA Quake) occur?
(a) July 1, 1975.
(b) March 25, 1989.
(c) January 17, 1994.
(d) October 8, 1980.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as wielding “as a kind of pretrial judge, jury, and jailer rolled into one” in “Intake”?
2. What was Luis Santos’s “street name,” according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Ronald Duncan’s crime was committed how long before he would have been able to be tried as an adult?
4. What was John Sloan’s father’s profession?
5. In overreaction to hearing one of her parolees was shot, who did Sharon Stegall have locked up in Part 2, Chapter 11?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)