|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prologue of the book gives a setting of Gila County, Arizona, on what date?
(a) April 2, 1985.
(b) June 8, 1964.
(c) December 16, 1980.
(d) June 9, 1945.
2. What is the name of the boy who testified against his father for molestation in Peggy Beckstrand’s memories of a prior case in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does HRO stand for in the narrative?
(a) High Risk Offender.
(b) Honored Response Officer.
(c) Humane Response Officer.
(d) Hostile Risk Operation.
4. Where does Geri Vance hide his ongoing autobiography so that it won’t be confiscated at night, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) In the windowsill.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) Under his rug.
(d) Behind the toilet.
5. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
(a) Child offenses.
(b) Petty offenses.
(c) Minor offenses.
(d) Status offenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carla James was “jumped in” with what street gang, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. How many kids does the author say were charged as adults for serious crimes because they were over 16 in the past year in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What were the names of the people that Ronald Duncan was accused of murdering?
4. Ronald Duncan was charged with committing double murder with what weapon?
5. What title did Peggy Beckstrand hold in 1994, according to the narrative in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)