|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What judge is described by the author in Part 1, Chapter 2 as having seen “potential” in Carla James, and thus gave her a lesser sentence for theft and assault?
(a) Judge Dorn.
(b) Judge Stegall.
(c) Judge Polinsky.
(d) Judge Sloan.
2. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
(a) Petty offenses.
(b) Child offenses.
(c) Status offenses.
(d) Minor offenses.
3. Judge Dorn worked his way through law school working as what, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A piano teacher.
(b) A banker.
(c) A cook.
(d) A courtroom bailiff.
4. Ronald Duncan was charged with double murder for killing whom, according to the narrator in “Intake”?
(a) His employers.
(b) His father and brother.
(c) His brother and sister.
(d) His mother and sister.
5. What element of an adult courtroom is missing in the juvenile court system?
(a) A judge.
(d) A jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carla James was sentenced to spend how much time at Camp Resnick for theft and assault charges, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Ronald Duncan was charged with committing double murder with what weapon?
3. What does California Penal Code Section 245 address?
4. The murder case described by the narrator in “Intake” involved a botched robbery at what location?
5. Judge Roosevelt Dorn opened his courtroom punctually at what time each day, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)