|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many juvenile courthouses served Los Angeles County in 1994, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. According to the narrator in “Intake,” the Central lockup facility was “ancient by Los Angeles standards,” meaning that it had been standing since before what?
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Spanish American War.
3. What was John Sloan charged with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Negligent homicide.
(b) Armed robbery.
4. Geri Vance states in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter4, that his parents’ main income was from selling what?
5. How old was Carla James when her father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of an adult courtroom is missing in the juvenile court system?
2. What is the title of Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does the narrator in “Intake” describe as “both status symbols and necessary tools of the trade in this information age”?
4. Ronald Duncan was charged with double murder for killing whom, according to the narrator in “Intake”?
5. What term is used in the book for criminal offenses that apply to juveniles but not to adults?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)