|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Los Angeles Riots broke out in reaction to what publicized incident?
(a) The start of the Iraq War.
(b) The Dodgers winning the World Series.
(c) The Bill Clinton sex scandal.
(d) The Rodney King beating.
2. Ronald Duncan’s crime was committed how long before he would have been able to be tried as an adult?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 35 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 14 days.
3. What was John Sloan charged with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(c) Negligent homicide.
(d) Armed robbery.
4. What is the name of the mentally handicapped girl that Andre helped in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. What Section of the California Penal Code defines premeditated murder?
(a) Section 187.
(b) Section 242.
(c) Section 45.
(d) Section 112.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ronald Duncan’s lawyer claim about his taped confession in the trial?
2. Carla James was sentenced to spend how much time at Camp Resnick for theft and assault charges, according to the author in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What lockup facility is called the “closest thing to an orphanage in Los Angeles” in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. According to the author in Part 1, Chapter 3, due to the protections of the Juvenile court, Ronald Duncan would be released by what age?
5. When was Gil Garcetti born?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)