|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the head of the Public Defender’s office described in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) Mitch Birnbaum.
(b) Sarah Smith.
(c) Shiela Weathers.
(d) Mark Lessem.
2. What does California Penal Code Section 245 address?
(a) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(d) Armed burglary.
3. Judge Dorn gave a public presentation where he suggested bringing back what in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Labor camps.
(b) Chain gangs.
(c) Status offenses.
(d) The death penalty.
4. Who challenged the testimony of the prosecution’s key witness in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Michael Kennedy.
(b) James Cooper.
(c) Bobby Williams.
(d) Peter James.
5. How old was Ronald Duncan when he allegedly committed double homicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, the DA went after what judge (aside from Judge Dorn)?
2. When the author talked to Carla James in Part 1, Chapter 7, she claimed that drive-by’s weren’t murder for what reason?
3. What is the name of the boy who is caught in connection with a series of some of the most brutal murders in LA County in Part 3, Chapter 13?
4. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s main witness against Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Judge Scarlett expressed a radical view that the court should do what in Part 3, Chapter 13?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)