|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author talked to Carla James in Part 1, Chapter 7, she claimed that drive-by’s weren’t murder for what reason?
(a) You only shoot at buildings.
(b) The victims shouldn't be there.
(c) No one in the car is screaming.
(d) You don't see what happens.
2. How many kids does the author say were charged as adults for serious crimes because they were over 16 in the past year in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Over 7,500.
(b) Over 900.
(c) Over 4,000.
(d) Over 1,500.
3. Charles Scarlett is described as one of LA’s top attorneys focusing on what issues in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Immigration rights.
(b) Gay rights.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Women's rights.
4. What witness took the stand in the Ronal Duncan case in Part 3, Chapter 13?
5. Who was Peggy Beckstrand’s main witness against Ronald Duncan in Part 1, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ronald Duncan’s lawyer claim about his taped confession in the trial?
2. What caused Chuck and Ada’s family to become much less happy with Peggy Beckstrand’s work on the Ronald Duncan trial in Part 3, Chapter 13?
3. What does California Penal Code Section 245 address?
4. What famously televised court case were the students in the writing class watching in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What Section of the California Penal Code defines premeditated murder?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)