|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the Missouri legislature give to the Mormons to aid in their departure?
2. All additional wives, according to the law of the Lord, must be what?
3. What year was the cornerstone of the Far West temple laid?
4. Ms. Brodie states that the endowment is borrowed from what?
5. In what year did Mormons try to vote in Daviess County for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John C. Bennett, and what did he do?
2. What was the prophecy made, by Joseph, about the stone of Daniel?
3. Joseph knew of the hostility towards Mormons from people, but where did he think the true problem was from?
4. What was one reason that the hostility towards Mormons was deep and far-flung?
5. Why, after the fighting in 1838, were the members asked to gather at Far West?
6. How were the Articles of Faith developed?
7. How was the community in Far West Missouri laid out?
8. What do the principles of celestial marriage and the patriarchal order do?
9. What did Bennett use the first 50 pages of his book for?
10. How did the New York Herald characterize the accusations of Bennett against the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the differences between the Mormons and the old settlers in Missouri? What kinds of problems did these differences cause and why? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book please answer the following question: What role does family and heritage play in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
Essay Topic 3
What is faith? How do the actions of Joseph and the Saints show that they have faith? Discuss at lest three examples of times when Joseph and the Saints showed faith. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)