|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Emma have the bodies reburied?
2. Where is the endowment ceremony currently practiced?
3. Joseph and whom, as well as others, were commanded to give themselves up for trial related to the destruction of the press?
4. Five months after the death of Joseph Smith, Emma gave birth to a boy named what?
5. The Pratt's and the Rigdon's were _______ and returned to full fellowship in the church.
Short Essay Questions
1. Some of the visitors to Nauvoo tried to do what to Joseph?
2. How did Joseph provide for the succession and maintenance of the leadership of the church?
3. What was the purpose of plural marriage?
4. What was one reason that the hostility towards Mormons was deep and far-flung?
5. How did the New York Herald characterize the accusations of Bennett against the church?
6. What caused the fight on August 6, 1838?
7. Rather than seeking revenge, what did the Saints do when they learned of Joseph's death?
8. Who was John C. Bennett, and what did he do?
9. What was the ruin that a few men discovered in Far West Missouri?
10. How could someone know that Joseph was acting for the Lord?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a bias? Using examples from the book to support your answer: What is the author's bias while writing this book, and how does she demonstrate her bias?
Essay Topic 2
How were Mormons treated differently from other citizens in Missouri? What was one right of a citizen that Mormons were denied, and what was the result of the denial? Use information presented in the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the differences between the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the other churches of that time period? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)