|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Newspapers in the east noticed that a ________ _______ was in the making in Nauvoo.
(a) Mormon state.
(b) Mormon empire.
(c) Mormon battalion.
(d) Mormon company.
2. What did Joseph say to his mother before he was taken away to Liberty Jail?
(a) "God bless you, mother."
(b) "I love you, mother."
(c) "Be safe, mother."
(d) "God bless you and I love you, mother"
3. What did Emma use to heal people in Nauvoo?
(a) Blessings and herbs.
(b) Herbs and knowledge.
(c) Medicines and prayer.
(d) Medicine and blessings.
4. All additional wives, according to the law of the Lord, must be what?
5. How much did the Missouri legislature give to the Mormons to aid in their departure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Brodie assumes that the endowment is what type of rite?
2. What date was the instruction given that the twelve apostles had all the ordinances and keys of the holy priesthood?
3. The Governor went directly to where, to investigate the destruction of the Nauvoo paper?
4. Joseph Smith taught and belied that man was created to have what?
5. When was the ceremony of the endowment introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to anyone who might testify on behalf of Joseph when he was brought in front of Judge King?
2. What was the purpose of plural marriage?
3. How did the New York Herald characterize the accusations of Bennett against the church?
4. After six days of having his troops go wild, what did General Clark tell the remaining Mormon men?
5. What did Bennett use the first 50 pages of his book for?
6. What is the difference between sacred and secret?
7. Who was John C. Bennett, and what did he do?
8. Rather than seeking revenge, what did the Saints do when they learned of Joseph's death?
9. How were the Articles of Faith developed?
10. What happened to those who took multiple wives without a commandment from God, and why?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)