|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plural marriage is also called?
(a) Patriarchal Order.
(b) Celestial marriage.
2. Who was the attorney for the Mormons when they were tried after being arrested in Far West?
3. After being taken from Far West to Independence, where were Joseph and the others taken to await trial?
(d) Clay County.
4. The dead from Carthage jail were taken where?
(d) Salt Lake City.
5. The author believes that the theocracy in Mauvoo was a malignant _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the General who refused to shoot his Mormon prisoners?
2. What was the name of Sydney Rigdon's daughter?
3. Porter returned to Nauvoo, was arrested and taken to where?
4. What was the secret army that the Mormons were supposed to have, and was never proven, called?
5. Which paper published an obituary declaring that though Joseph was gone, his murder may give strength to the sect?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Joseph and the Saints moved to Nauvoo, where did he send missionaries?
2. Some of the visitors to Nauvoo tried to do what to Joseph?
3. What was the prophecy made, by Joseph, about the stone of Daniel?
4. What is the difference between sacred and secret?
5. How did Joseph provide for the succession and maintenance of the leadership of the church?
6. How was the community in Far West Missouri laid out?
7. Why did women, after Joseph Smith's death, try to seal themselves to him?
8. When Joseph Smith gave himself up to Governor Ford in Springfield, what did he spend his time doing?
9. Who was John C. Bennett, and what did he do?
10. What happened to those who took multiple wives without a commandment from God, and why?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)