|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Western New York and what other state had scattered Native American burial mounds?
2. What was the name of Emma's first son who lived?
3. When the church was first organized, how many members were there?
4. Joseph answered charges before the High Council of Kirtland for over ______ hours.
5. While in Missouri, Joseph Smith dedicated a plot of land for what?
(a) The building of a temple.
(b) The building of a town hall.
(c) The building of the church.
(d) The building of his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joseph use to pay off creditors in the 1830's?
2. From what book of the Old Testament did Joseph Smith quote when he heard that Mr. Anthon said he could not read a sealed book?
3. On March 24, 1832 who led a mob to tar and feather Joseph?
4. Where in New York did Joseph's family settle?
5. Where did Joseph Smith go on a mission after the failure of the Kirtland bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Emma's description of the plates?
2. What was Zion's camp?
3. Why did Joseph's father move the family to Palmyra, New York?
4. How did most revelations come to Joseph Smith?
5. What does the Book of Abraham cover?
6. Describe the vision Joseph Smith had in the grove of trees.
7. What was one problem that apostates presented?
8. When he knelt with Joseph Smith and prayed about Baptism, how does Oliver Cowdery describe his vision?
9. How was the Telestial Kingdom of Heaven described?
10. How did the name of the Church change from The Church of Christ?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)