|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On March 24, 1832 who led a mob to tar and feather Joseph?
(a) Symonds Ryder.
(b) Stmonds Harris.
(c) Symonds Rollins.
(d) Symonda Guerra.
2. What was Joseph given in 1835 via purchase by some unknown church member?
(a) Several blocks of land.
(b) Several musical instruments.
(c) Several papyri.
(d) Several horses.
3. How many men are called to be Apostles?
4. Where did some of the church leaders go on a mission after the bank collapsed?
(b) Further west.
(c) New York.
5. What was the amount of the fine levied against the bank in Kirtland?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One hundered dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the maiden name of Joseph Smith's wife?
2. Who was the judge that tried to forge a settlement between the Mormons and Jackson County residents?
3. Who did the local leaders of the Mormons ask for protection?
4. Crowds willingly sat for hours in all sorts of weather listening to the Prophet discourse on the things of _________.
5. While in Missouri, Joseph Smith dedicated a plot of land for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the vision Joseph Smith had in the grove of trees.
2. When were the Twelve Apostles called, and who were they?
3. What was a dream that Vermont farmers had?
4. In Ohio, what type of life were people trying to lead, and why?
5. What was Joseph accused of when the printing press caught fire in Kirtland?
6. What political freedom enabled Joseph Smith to start a new church?
7. What is one of the things the author accuses Joseph Smith of participating in, rather than in being a man of God?
8. What was the School of the Prophets?
9. What made Joseph and his church resettle in Ohio?
10. After Joseph Smith translated the first 116 pages, what happened to the pages?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)