|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bank the leadership of the Church tried to organize?
(a) Kirtland Safety Society Bank Company.
(b) Kirtland Credit And Security Bank Company.
(c) Kirtland Bank Company.
(d) Kirtland Credit Bank Company.
2. In what year was Joseph Smith allowed to take the plates home?
3. When the church was first organized, how many members were there?
4. In 1937, who stated that of the many religious books printed in the 19th century, the Book of Mormon was most likely the most powerful?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Olivia Bernhart.
(d) Carmen Harris.
5. What did Joseph place between himself and his scribe, to keep the plates hidden?
(a) A curtain.
(b) A table.
(c) A wall.
(d) A screen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who published Mormonism Unveiled?
2. In what year did African-Americans become eligible to receive the priesthood?
3. Joseph Smith would never indicate an exact year or time for what event?
4. Joseph and Oliver Cowdry knelt in prayer, and received a vision from John the Baptist about what issue?
5. What was the reason that Joseph Smith, after being told about the plates, was not allowed access to them for a time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Zion's camp?
2. How did the name of the Church change from The Church of Christ?
3. What political freedom enabled Joseph Smith to start a new church?
4. What were the three basic causes for the persecution Mormons suffered in Missouri?
5. What is one of the things the author accuses Joseph Smith of participating in, rather than in being a man of God?
6. What caused Joseph Smith to have a slight limp?
7. After Joseph Smith translated the first 116 pages, what happened to the pages?
8. When he knelt with Joseph Smith and prayed about Baptism, how does Oliver Cowdery describe his vision?
9. How did most revelations come to Joseph Smith?
10. What was Emma's description of the plates?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)