|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was the first temple built?
(c) Salt Lake City.
2. What type of writing was on the plates?
(c) Reformed Egyptian.
(d) Ancient English.
3. What was the name of the bank the leadership of the Church tried to organize?
(a) Kirtland Safety Society Bank Company.
(b) Kirtland Credit And Security Bank Company.
(c) Kirtland Credit Bank Company.
(d) Kirtland Bank Company.
4. What action did Joseph Smith take in the grove of trees where he went to pray?
(a) He went into the water.
(b) He searched the trees.
(c) He stood.
(d) He knelt.
5. When the members of the church lived the Law of Consecration is was also known as what?
(a) The Priestly Order.
(c) The United Order.
(d) The Comunal Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Robert Smith family came to Massachusetts in what year?
2. Joseph Smith refused to perform, on demand, what types of thing?
3. What other country already had members of the church at the time of the bank closure in Kirtland?
4. The Church of Jesus Christ was composed of what type of people?
5. The author, Ms. Brodie, believes that the story of Joseph Smith is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Joseph accused of when the printing press caught fire in Kirtland?
2. What made Joseph and his church resettle in Ohio?
3. What was Emma's description of the plates?
4. What was Zion's camp?
5. What political freedom enabled Joseph Smith to start a new church?
6. How did most revelations come to Joseph Smith?
7. What was the School of the Prophets?
8. What are the origins of Joseph Smith's family?
9. When were the Twelve Apostles called, and who were they?
10. Why did Joseph's father move the family to Palmyra, New York?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)