|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the priesthood that John the Baptist gave Joseph and Oliver Cowdery?
2. How many men are called to be Apostles?
3. What was Joseph given in 1835 via purchase by some unknown church member?
(a) Several papyri.
(b) Several blocks of land.
(c) Several horses.
(d) Several musical instruments.
4. Who was the judge that tried to forge a settlement between the Mormons and Jackson County residents?
(a) Judge Raisan.
(b) Judge Reed.
(c) Judge Ryland.
(d) Judge Ryan.
5. In order to continue the construction of the temple, what did John Tanner give?
(c) Time and effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph's mother's name was what?
2. What is a schism?
3. What was Professor Charles Anthon a specialist in?
4. The Church of Jesus Christ was composed of what type of people?
5. The Nephite people grew ____ and ____ instead of maize and potatoes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Emma's description of the plates?
2. What was Governor DeWitt Clinton's theory of the Mound Builders?
3. When he knelt with Joseph Smith and prayed about Baptism, how does Oliver Cowdery describe his vision?
4. What was Joseph accused of when the printing press caught fire in Kirtland?
5. What were the three basic causes for the persecution Mormons suffered in Missouri?
6. Why did the leaders of the church believe that their bank would be approved by the Ohio legislature?
7. Much of the information the author discovers about Joseph Smith, in his youth, is characterized how?
8. What was Mr. Anthon's reaction when he was told he could not see the plates?
9. How did most revelations come to Joseph Smith?
10. What did Joseph do, in order to determine for himself which of the churches were true?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)