|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which paper published an obituary declaring that though Joseph was gone, his murder may give strength to the sect?
(a) Chicago Sun.
(b) Warsaw Expositor.
(c) New York Herald.
(d) Independence Inquisitor.
2. The first wife must _____ to any other wives.
(a) Give acceptance.
(b) Give love.
(c) Give help.
(d) Give consent.
3. Newspapers in the east noticed that a ________ _______ was in the making in Nauvoo.
(a) Mormon state.
(b) Mormon empire.
(c) Mormon battalion.
(d) Mormon company.
4. Porter returned to Nauvoo, was arrested and taken to where?
(b) Jackson County.
5. All additional wives, according to the law of the Lord, must be what?
6. What was the name of the judge who issued the arrest warrant for Joseph Smith in regard to the disturbance in Daviess County and Mormons voting?
(a) Austin. C. Smith.
(b) Austin A. King.
(c) Austin. B. George.
(d) Austin. K. Langford.
7. At whose funeral did Joseph teach many of the principles he had been teaching through the years in one sermon?
(a) Oliver Cowdery.
(b) King Follett.
(c) Martin Harris.
(d) Gordon Givens.
8. There was a rift between Joseph and his Second Counselor over money and financial matters. What was the name of the Second Counselor?
(a) William Law.
(b) Bill Cannaghan.
(c) Bill Davidson.
(d) William Durham.
9. Far West was in what county in Missouri?
(a) Jackson County.
(b) Carr County.
(c) Clark County.
(d) Caldwell County.
10. On what day did the Saints gather to celebrate the laying of the cornerstone for the new temple in Far West?
(a) July 4th.
(b) June 13th.
(c) August 9th.
(d) January 1st.
11. The Nauvoo court threw out the warrants against Joseph on what basis?
(a) Double jeopardy.
(d) Habeas corpus.
12. The endowment can be received for yourself or by _______.
13. The dead from Carthage jail were taken where?
(d) Salt Lake City.
14. Which President did Joseph Smith visit to ask for help?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) President Van Buren.
(c) President Ford.
(d) President Madison.
15. In response to the mob attacks all over Missouri, where did Joseph Smith tell the people to gather?
(a) Far West.
(c) Salt Lake City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that some, who left the church but stayed in Nauvoo, started?
2. Those who took multiple wives without being commanded to do so from the Lord were what?
3. While Joseph was in hiding from the charge of attempted murder of Governor Boggs, Emma was pregnant with what number child?
4. The city of Nauvoo was given what other name?
5. The Governor went directly to where, to investigate the destruction of the Nauvoo paper?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)