|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the ceremony of the endowment introduced?
2. What newspaper refused to print Bennett's letter?
(a) New York Herald.
(b) Chicago News.
(c) Desert News.
(d) Illinois Times.
3. It was assumed that Joseph had ordered who to kill Governor Boggs?
(a) John C. Bennet.
(b) The Mormon Militia.
(c) Porter Rockwell.
(d) The Danite Army.
4. All additional wives, according to the law of the Lord, must be what?
5. In what year did Mormons try to vote in Daviess County for the first time?
6. Joseph wrote to which Governor, defending the destruction of the press?
(a) Governor Ford.
(b) Governor Wilkins.
(c) Governor Boggs.
(d) Governor Hoge.
7. Celestial marriage is also called what?
(a) Patriarchal Order.
8. The Pratt's and the Rigdon's were _______ and returned to full fellowship in the church.
(b) Accepted back.
9. Joseph hid for how long from the sheriff when accused of attempting to murder Governor Boggs?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Seven months.
10. Members of what organization destroyed the press used to print the Nauvoo newspaper?
(a) The Legion.
(b) The Danite Army.
(c) The Church.
(d) The Temple-builders.
11. What was the name of the horse thief and charlatan who became the land agent in Illinois for the Saints?
(a) Issac Galland.
(b) Steven A. Douglas.
(c) John C. Bennett.
(d) Don Carols.
12. Those who took multiple wives without being commanded to do so from the Lord were what?
(a) Expelled from Nauvoo.
13. How long were Joseph Smith, Sidney Rigdon, and four other in Liberty jail?
(a) Four months.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
14. The Articles of Faith came from a letter written to whom?
(a) John Wentworth.
(b) Joseph Lacks.
(c) Fred Bennett.
(d) Alastair Guinness.
15. Visitors who came to Nauvoo were taken on a tour by Joseph Smith when?
(a) When Joseph was available.
(b) When the visitors were important.
(c) When the visitors were members of the church.
(d) When Joseph felt like giving them one.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Mormons who settled in Missouri became too big for Far West, what other counties did they spread to?
2. Bennet and Boggs sent sheriffs to arrest Joseph in Nauvoo, on charges of treason, and took him to what location?
3. The author believes that the theocracy in Mauvoo was a malignant _____.
4. What was the name of the judge who issued the arrest warrant for Joseph Smith in regard to the disturbance in Daviess County and Mormons voting?
5. Where is the endowment ceremony currently practiced?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)