|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the militia in the Nauvoo charter?
(a) The Nauvoo Army.
(b) The Nauvoo Militia.
(c) The Nauvoo Protection Force.
(d) The Nauvoo Legion.
2. Lucy wrote of Emma that she had unflinching outrage, zeal and what?
3. Five months after the death of Joseph Smith, Emma gave birth to a boy named what?
(a) Hyrum Joseph.
(b) Hyrum David.
(c) Joseph Hyrum.
(d) David Hyrum.
4. It was assumed that Joseph had ordered who to kill Governor Boggs?
(a) The Mormon Militia.
(b) The Danite Army.
(c) John C. Bennet.
(d) Porter Rockwell.
5. How many of Joseph and Emma's children lived?
6. There was a rift between Joseph and his Second Counselor over money and financial matters. What was the name of the Second Counselor?
(a) William Law.
(b) William Durham.
(c) Bill Davidson.
(d) Bill Cannaghan.
7. What was Joseph's Second Counselor's wife's name?
8. The Articles of Faith came from a letter written to whom?
(a) Joseph Lacks.
(b) Alastair Guinness.
(c) John Wentworth.
(d) Fred Bennett.
9. Far West was in what county in Missouri?
(a) Caldwell County.
(b) Jackson County.
(c) Clark County.
(d) Carr County.
10. What did Joseph say to his mother before he was taken away to Liberty Jail?
(a) "Be safe, mother."
(b) "God bless you and I love you, mother"
(c) "God bless you, mother."
(d) "I love you, mother."
11. What were the four words Joseph said when he was acting as a prophet?
(a) So giveth the Lord.
(b) Thus saith the Lord.
(c) And so it is.
(d) According to the Lord.
12. Where is the endowment ceremony currently practiced?
(a) In LDS church buildings.
(b) It is not performed anymore.
(c) In LDS temples.
(d) It is performed overseas only.
13. When the Mormons who settled in Missouri became too big for Far West, what other counties did they spread to?
(a) Jackson, Carroll and Carr Counties.
(b) Daviess, Carroll and Ray Counties.
(c) Ray, Jackson and Carroll Counties.
(d) Daviess, Ray and Clarck Counties.
14. While Joseph was in hiding from the charge of attempted murder of Governor Boggs, Emma was pregnant with what number child?
15. What was the name of the General who refused to shoot his Mormon prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dead from Carthage jail were taken where?
2. Joseph Smith taught and belied that man was created to have what?
3. How much did the Missouri legislature give to the Mormons to aid in their departure?
4. What was the name of the judge who issued the arrest warrant for Joseph Smith in regard to the disturbance in Daviess County and Mormons voting?
5. Members of what organization destroyed the press used to print the Nauvoo newspaper?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)