|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph's brother, Hyrum, was determined to vote for the Democratic candidate named what?
2. How much did the Missouri legislature give to the Mormons to aid in their departure?
3. Plural marriage is also called?
(b) Celestial marriage.
(d) Patriarchal Order.
4. John L. Butler was descended from a soldier who fought in what war?
(a) War of 1812.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) Civil War.
(d) War of the Roses.
5. Before celestial marriage was introduced, individuals would live _______ after death, for eternity.
(a) With their parents.
(b) In heaven.
6. How many of Joseph and Emma's children lived?
7. On what day did the Saints gather to celebrate the laying of the cornerstone for the new temple in Far West?
(a) August 9th.
(b) January 1st.
(c) July 4th.
(d) June 13th.
8. Sidney Rigdon's speech at the celebration of the cornerstone for the Far West temple was reprinted in what paper?
(b) Caldwell County News.
(c) Missouri Insider.
(d) Liberty press.
9. Bennet and Boggs sent sheriffs to arrest Joseph in Nauvoo, on charges of treason, and took him to what location?
(c) Liberty jail.
10. The Nauvoo court threw out the warrants against Joseph on what basis?
(c) Double jeopardy.
(d) Habeas corpus.
11. When was the ceremony of the endowment introduced?
12. Who was the first person killed in Carthage jail?
(a) Williard Richards.
(b) Hyrum Smith.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) John Taylor.
13. Joseph hid for how long from the sheriff when accused of attempting to murder Governor Boggs?
(a) Five months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Four months.
14. What year was the cornerstone of the Far West temple laid?
15. Where did Emma have the bodies reburied?
(a) Near her summer cottage.
(b) Near to her family in Harmony.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) Near her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city of Nauvoo was given what other name?
2. What was the name of the newspaper that some, who left the church but stayed in Nauvoo, started?
3. The dead from Carthage jail were taken where?
4. Celestial marriage is also called what?
5. What newspaper refused to print Bennett's letter?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)