|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Robert Smith family came to Massachusetts in what year?
2. What type of metal were the first plates that Joseph Smith translated?
3. Who published Mormonism Unveiled?
(a) Philastus Hurlburt.
(b) George Lakoff.
(c) John Zaller.
(d) Eber D. Howe.
4. When was the Kirtland Temple dedicated?
(a) April 1836.
(b) May 1836.
(c) January 1836.
(d) March 1836.
5. Colonel Thomas Pitcher held some of the leaders of the Mormon community in jail and planned to do what?
(a) Drive them out of Jackson County.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Put them on trial.
(d) Give them over to the mob.
6. Which was the first temple built?
(d) Salt Lake City.
7. Despite claims by the author, the only evidence to suggest that Joseph lusted for women is statements given by whom?
(c) There are no statements.
(d) Members of the mob.
8. People came from all over the world to what area of the United States to be with Joseph Smith?
(a) Kirtland, Ohio.
(b) Harmony, Penn.
(c) New York.
9. Where in Missouri did the members of the church settle?
(a) In Indian territory.
10. Joseph took Oliver Cowdery, Martin Harris and who into the woods to see the plates?
(a) Stephen Hale.
(b) Theodore McDowel.
(c) David Whitmer.
(d) Colin Whinter.
11. During the winter of what year did Joseph complete his re-translation of the Bible and collect his revelations for publication?
12. What is polygamy?
(a) One man with many wives.
(b) One man with many mistresses.
(c) One man living with many women.
(d) One man with many children by different women.
13. Crowds willingly sat for hours in all sorts of weather listening to the Prophet discourse on the things of _________.
14. What weather event occurred to prevent the mob from killing Joseph and the men from Ohio as they prepared to enter Missouri to help the other members of the church?
(a) A storm.
15. What is the name of the book Joseph transcribed from plates?
(a) The Book of Mormon.
(b) The Book of Plates.
(c) The Book of Lehi.
(d) The Book of Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joseph place between himself and his scribe, to keep the plates hidden?
2. When Joseph heard the news from Ohio, that mobs had driven people from their homes, to whom did he write a letter?
3. What year was Joseph Smith born?
4. Where did some of the church leaders go on a mission after the bank collapsed?
5. Joseph and Oliver Cowdry knelt in prayer, and received a vision from John the Baptist about what issue?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)