|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did African-Americans become eligible to receive the priesthood?
2. How many men are called to be Apostles?
3. What is the name of the priesthood that John the Baptist gave Joseph and Oliver Cowdery?
4. As Joseph Smith grew up, he often spent time helping his family to survive by searching for what?
(a) New jobs.
(b) Lost Indian gold.
(c) Ways to earn money.
(d) Lost local treasures.
5. What was added to the plaster used to cover the outer walls of the temple to give it a glow?
6. What year was Joseph Smith born?
7. The three degrees of glories include the Celestial, the Terrestrial and what?
(a) The Cerestial.
(b) The Travestial.
(c) The Cenestial.
(d) The Telestial.
8. Joseph Smith had two titles, Prophet and what?
9. What other country already had members of the church at the time of the bank closure in Kirtland?
10. After getting married, where did Joseph and Emma live?
(a) Harmony, New York.
(b) Manchester, New York.
(c) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(d) Harbor, Connecticut.
11. What is the name of the book Joseph transcribed from plates?
(a) The Book of Mormon.
(b) The Book of Smith.
(c) The Book of Plates.
(d) The Book of Lehi.
12. What is the nickname of the church organized by Joseph Smith?
(a) The Lehi Church.
(b) The Mormon Church.
(c) The Lamanite Church.
(d) The Nephite Church.
13. What adjective characterizes the state of church finances in the 1803's?
(b) Moderately wealthy.
14. Who published Mormonism Unveiled?
(a) George Lakoff.
(b) John Zaller.
(c) Philastus Hurlburt.
(d) Eber D. Howe.
15. What type of metal were the first plates that Joseph Smith translated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joseph place between himself and his scribe, to keep the plates hidden?
2. When the members of the church lived the Law of Consecration is was also known as what?
3. Joseph suffered from what disease which left him with a limp?
4. On March 24, 1832 who led a mob to tar and feather Joseph?
5. Where in New York did Joseph's family settle?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)