|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The enforcers of the law signed an _____________ order; requiring that all Mormons leave Jackson County or face extermination.
2. The phrase "burnt over" was in recognition of the many _____ that Joseph's home town had.
(a) Religious revivals.
(b) Arguments between the churches.
(c) Divisions among the churches.
3. What is the name of the priesthood that John the Baptist gave Joseph and Oliver Cowdery?
4. What adjective characterizes the state of church finances in the 1803's?
(d) Moderately wealthy.
5. From what book of the Old Testament did Joseph Smith quote when he heard that Mr. Anthon said he could not read a sealed book?
6. The popular method to discover treasures was to use what kind of rod?
7. What action did Joseph Smith take in the grove of trees where he went to pray?
(a) He went into the water.
(b) He stood.
(c) He knelt.
(d) He searched the trees.
8. People came from all over the world to what area of the United States to be with Joseph Smith?
(b) Harmony, Penn.
(c) Kirtland, Ohio.
(d) New York.
9. Where did some of the church leaders go on a mission after the bank collapsed?
(a) New York.
(d) Further west.
10. Joseph Smith cured Newel K. Knight of his convulsions by what healing tactic?
(b) The art of healing through faith.
(c) The laying on of hands.
11. When did the bank in Kirtland close its door?
(a) May 1837.
(b) August 1837.
(c) March 1837.
(d) June 1837.
12. What was Joseph given in 1835 via purchase by some unknown church member?
(a) Several horses.
(b) Several musical instruments.
(c) Several blocks of land.
(d) Several papyri.
13. What was the maiden name of Joseph Smith's wife?
(a) Emma Hale.
(b) Emma Brodie.
(c) Emma Harris.
(d) Emma Smith.
14. How much per month did Joseph earn when he worked with Josiah Stowel?
(a) Fourteen dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Fifteen dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
15. In 1937, who stated that of the many religious books printed in the 19th century, the Book of Mormon was most likely the most powerful?
(a) Olivia Bernhart.
(b) Henry Wallace.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Carmen Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in New York did Joseph's family settle?
2. Joseph Smith refused to perform, on demand, what types of thing?
3. In what year was Joseph Smith allowed to take the plates home?
4. What was Professor Charles Anthon a specialist in?
5. What was the name of the smaller plates?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)