|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reason that Joseph Smith, after being told about the plates, was not allowed access to them for a time?
2. As Joseph Smith grew up, he often spent time helping his family to survive by searching for what?
(a) Lost local treasures.
(b) Lost Indian gold.
(c) New jobs.
(d) Ways to earn money.
3. What was the name of Emma's first son who lived?
4. Where was Joseph Smith born?
(a) New York.
5. What type of metal were the first plates that Joseph Smith translated?
6. What is the name of the book Joseph transcribed from plates?
(a) The Book of Plates.
(b) The Book of Mormon.
(c) The Book of Smith.
(d) The Book of Lehi.
7. Western New York and what other state had scattered Native American burial mounds?
8. The Church of Jesus Christ was composed of what type of people?
(b) Paid ministers.
(d) Doctors and lawyers.
9. The phrase "burnt over" was in recognition of the many _____ that Joseph's home town had.
(a) Divisions among the churches.
(c) Religious revivals.
(d) Arguments between the churches.
10. When Joseph heard the news from Ohio, that mobs had driven people from their homes, to whom did he write a letter?
(a) President Ford.
(b) President Adams.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) President Jackson.
11. Where in Missouri did the members of the church settle?
(c) In Indian territory.
12. Within two years of losing the first pages of the manuscript, Joseph Smith established the true Church of Christ, which is known today by what name?
(a) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
(b) The Fundamental Church of Christ.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) The True Church of Christ.
13. The enforcers of the law signed an _____________ order; requiring that all Mormons leave Jackson County or face extermination.
14. When the members of the church lived the Law of Consecration is was also known as what?
(b) The Priestly Order.
(c) The Comunal Life.
(d) The United Order.
15. The author of the book believes that Joseph Smith was what type of prophet?
(a) A miraculous prophet.
(b) A spiteful prophet.
(c) A true prophet.
(d) A false prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the bank in Kirtland close its door?
2. The popular method to discover treasures was to use what kind of rod?
3. Joseph Smith would never indicate an exact year or time for what event?
4. How many people did Joseph Smith see in his vision while in the grove of trees?
5. The Book of Mormon includes a history of the Jaredites, who left what area of the world?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)