|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carthage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although no one else saw the plates, Emma was allowed to do what to them?
(a) Bury them.
(b) Touch them.
(c) Hold them.
(d) Clean them.
2. What action did Joseph Smith take in the grove of trees where he went to pray?
(a) He stood.
(b) He knelt.
(c) He searched the trees.
(d) He went into the water.
3. The popular method to discover treasures was to use what kind of rod?
4. While in Missouri, Joseph Smith dedicated a plot of land for what?
(a) The building of the church.
(b) The building of his home.
(c) The building of a town hall.
(d) The building of a temple.
5. At whose funeral did Joseph teach many of the principles he had been teaching through the years in one sermon?
(a) Gordon Givens.
(b) King Follett.
(c) Oliver Cowdery.
(d) Martin Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which judge said that Missouri could not extradite an Illinois citizen for a crime, which if committed, was committed in Illinois?
2. What was the name of the General who refused to shoot his Mormon prisoners?
3. Celestial marriage has often been ________ by those who are not members of the Church.
4. How many people signed a sworn statement that Joseph Smith was lacking in moral fiber and obsessed by malicious habits?
5. Which President did Joseph Smith visit to ask for help?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)