|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Into Hiding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sidney Rigdon's speech at the celebration of the cornerstone for the Far West temple was reprinted in what paper?
(b) Liberty press.
(c) Missouri Insider.
(d) Caldwell County News.
2. What was the name of the judge who issued the arrest warrant for Joseph Smith in regard to the disturbance in Daviess County and Mormons voting?
(a) Austin. B. George.
(b) Austin. C. Smith.
(c) Austin A. King.
(d) Austin. K. Langford.
3. The Nephite people grew ____ and ____ instead of maize and potatoes.
(a) Wheat and corn.
(b) Wheat and grass.
(c) Wheat and hops.
(d) Wheat and barley.
4. In 1937, who stated that of the many religious books printed in the 19th century, the Book of Mormon was most likely the most powerful?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Olivia Bernhart.
(c) Carmen Harris.
(d) Henry Wallace.
5. Colonel Thomas Pitcher held some of the leaders of the Mormon community in jail and planned to do what?
(a) Put them on trial.
(b) Drive them out of Jackson County.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Give them over to the mob.
Short Answer Questions
1. After getting married, where did Joseph and Emma live?
2. How much per month did Joseph earn when he worked with Josiah Stowel?
3. What is a theocracy?
4. The Pratt's and the Rigdon's were _______ and returned to full fellowship in the church.
5. The Church of Jesus Christ was composed of what type of people?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)